Suggestion for the next council vote

Reaction score
    While looking through the applications, it was somewhat difficult to skim the contents and make general decisions without taking a lot of time to analyze each application. I did notice some trends that helped me make my decisions, and was thinking it might be a good idea next time to include a sort of summary at the top of each application, followed by the more in-depth text.

For example, the key things I looked at when deciding were how many hours someone said they could put in (and what might hinder them in the future), what kind of a player they were (I'm more interested in multiplayer developments, so I threw out candidates that were mostly singleplayer oriented), and simply whether or not they had listed bad at working with teams in their weaknesses (I noticed quite a few did, and I think the council is supposed to be a team, so nope).

I'm not saying to reduce the applications based on my criteria, as everyone's different, but I'm thinking it might be a good idea to form some kind of a table of highlights of basic statistics at the top of applications. (Or, a summary paragraph: "I am X. I play as an X/Y/Z. I can devote X hours to council duties, and X stength. Unfortunately, Y weakness, and Z reason I might not be able to devote as many hours." Something like that.)

Example table idea thing:

| Name: X | Timezone: X |
    | Available hours? X | Possible hinderances? X |
    | Playstyle: X, Y, Z | Explain one 'uncommon' playstyle of yours (if applicable). | <- I noticed a few interesting playstyles listed that had to be explained as they were different from just PvP or PvE or lonewolf
    | Strengths: X, Y | Weaknesses: X, Y |

Soo.. Good idea? Bad? Should I shut up and go to bed already as I've already spent far too long on this topic?

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I thought that was more or less what the Application was for. People could maybe try to summarize, but it would be hard to add in all the important details like How many hours/weakness/etc without making it a block of text, which the full application would more or less copy with only a little bit more detail (I remember Duke saying that a lot of apps felt a little short).

You want concise information, and while I can appreciate that, applicants want to sell themself to voters, which involves fluffing things up a little and trying to make even weaknesses sound appealing (Same as you would do for a job resume). Maybe a short (character limited) box that tells you a short "why vote me" for each applicant. It wouldn't present all the info you'd want, but it would highlight what kind of candidate he/she is without having to read the full application.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I mostly hated the fact that you had to open a new page for each application.

The things that need to happen:
    1. A side-bar (or better a bottom-bar for wide-screens) in which you can put an ordered list of applicants.
    2. Grey out these added, to make you know which you have added to | re-removed from this side-bar.
    3. Add separators between applicants (choices | like | excluded)
    4. Add buttons next to the side-bar, scrolling the bar for one neighbouring separator being top/bot.
    5. Add a tool-tip which shows the player's text.
    6. Put common information (aka time-zone, play-style) in a table-style form - that enables you to perceive information much quicker. Other input can be shown below.