suggestion for station ship balance.

Reaction score
    If the stations are going to use the faction modules as the stations core so to speak (they are immune to salvage and new block placement until the faction module is destroyed), then in all fairness the target center needs to be changed to the faction module instead of the center of the station.

Or alternatively the ship targeting needs to be changed to the center of the ship instead of the core.

I suggest this as I have noticed that the new stations do not keep their cores/faction modules anywhere near the center as a result missiles attacks will hollow out a station leaving nothing but the outer area and the faction module continues to protect the station even when there is nothing but struts left standing. One of them (I forget which but it started out big black and wheel like i think) I literally destroyed every block before the faction module shutdown.

I have attempted entering a station and finding the faction module after its defenses are destroyed and attempted to attach disintegrators to it, however faction protection prevents that. Therefore those beried in a corner away from the center, still require main ship cannons as shields never go down so shooting them with a 10pt laser pistol or even a sniper rifle is useless. Main ship cannons then cause massive logically unnecessary damage, to burrow through the station hull and try to hit a single block.

Ships by comparison just require the core to be overheated which is sadly easy to find (just shoot the target).

Reaction score
    That's a good point, for the hand-held guns I always thought they should be weak but pass through shields.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree. I recommend placing the target/nav point at the faction module, and then changing the target/nav point to the core (or in the case of stations, the "first block?") after the faction module is destroyed/hacked/reset/etc.