Suggestion: For faction ship building....

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    This may have been addressed ,and if so, I do apologize for not being able to find it. Could we possibly get multi-person ship building as long as they are in the same faction? Like we can with a station. I have a 900 meter long ship that would be great if 2 or more people could enter it, aside from myself and we could all work on it together. :) This would be a wonderful and time saving option.
    thank you for hearing me,
    Mr_Sinister

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    A second person using a build block on the ship doesn't work?

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    not for me no and anyone else that tries to help and vice-versa

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    Multiple people entering a ship can be touch and go :u
    I personally have been able to be in the core, then have someone else enter a Build block (But if someone is in a Build block, you can not enter the core)
    I think Weapons computers also let people enter Build mode for the ship? Not sure :x

Reactions: mrsinister

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Hmm I will have to try that... though having it like a station would be really beneficial, as long as the people were part of the same faction. :)

Reaction score
    You used to be able to alow ppl from outside your faction enter a build on your ships by means of a permission module. This player wasn't able to edit the ship cause it was factioned while in buildmode in the buildblock, but it was a perfect seat to carry players around.

Now some time back I tried helping a new starting player on the server that was down on his luck. I discovered then the buildlbock and permission module no longer works for ppl to enter in from outside the faction. It might perfectly be that ppl from the same faction can't do the same.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    You used to be able to alow ppl from outside your faction enter a build on your ships by means of a permission module. This player wasn't able to edit the ship cause it was factioned while in buildmode in the buildblock, but it was a perfect seat to carry players around.

Now some time back I tried helping a new starting player on the server that was down on his luck. I discovered then the buildlbock and permission module no longer works for ppl to enter in from outside the faction. It might perfectly be that ppl from the same faction can't do the same.
    Well I did test putting a build block next to the core and made sure a friend of mine was in my faction, and once I entered the core block to build ,he then tried to go into the build block.... and it worked! :) And we tested this multiple times and server restarts. So this is great! I thank everyone for their comments.

mrsinister

Xenophage
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Multiple people entering a ship can be touch and go :u
    I personally have been able to be in the core, then have someone else enter a Build block (But if someone is in a Build block, you can not enter the core)
    I think Weapons computers also let people enter Build mode for the ship? Not sure :x
    And thank you for that, works great!