suggestion for adjusting power generation

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Cerapa sure just download it from here, but i was building it on server with uploading disabled so i have there only one version and since i was trying do different setups on it its still inclomplete, here is latest attempt > http://bayfiles.net/file/TA0z/QybQXA/IKS2.sment inside is quite much space right now for additional generators but the more of them ill put the higher is mass, and really now this ship is on hold. I\'ve decided to start working on klingon frigate like ship cause it doesnt have to cloak tho.

Reaction score
    Adding more customizability in many ways would be a great thing, would add more variation to servers as well, and it would give server owners enough room to come up with great balancing.

Multipliers will get everything done.

Reaction score
    Rather than tweaking the existing power blocks, why not add a level 2 power block? We have level 2, 3, 4, and 5 minerals. The level two block would have a better efficiency than the level one. It might generate 1.5 times more power at twice or three times the price. With that, we can still have the cheap and dirty reactor that fills up a ship\'s internal area that we send off after pirates, or if we\'re worried about astetics, we can have more room in our ships but with a higher cost. Let the player decide the cost tradeoff depending on their style or what they want to accomplish.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Adding levels to useful blocks is a terrible idea; then the biggest/best ships will just go for the highest level block. Cloaking mechanics need to change, not power mechanics. I\'d vote for cloaking dropping your shields, firing dropping your cloak, and the power requirements for a cloaked ship to be lower but still high (you can provide enough power easily, but doing energy-intensive stuff like firing and moving will likely drain your power).

Are your power banks connected to eachother, or seperate? Have you tried adding batteries yet? Those help tremendously (though I\'ll admit, I haven\'t build a cloaking ship yet).

Reaction score
    But thats where the tradeoff comes in. Sure you could buy 15,000 regular power blocks @ 4,500,000 credits, or you could buy 10,000 power blocks level 2, but you\'ll pay three times the price of your hard earned money for them. You\'d end up paying 13,500,000 for the blocks.

I agree with you on the mechanics, dropping shields and cloak is an excellent idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It /is/ possible to make a permacloaking permajamming ship with good enough weapons, however you have to rely on your cloak and jam to protect you, as hulls are too heavy, and don\'t serve enough function, shields cause a big drain on power, and too many engines and you can\'t run both.

I believe the devs already stated that cloaking was getting an overhaul anyway though, so saying anything now is a little bit premature.