Suggestion for a Crafting Computer

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I hate spending time in inventories. And Starmades way of crafting is well... annoying. To me at least.

So I have an idea for a new block (yey!!!)

introducing the crafting computer:

this computer is a device that could be connected to the shipyard, the build block and obviosly accessed by the player.
    the idea is, that this computer would essentially place orders for needed blocks, lets say for a ship that you want to be build by the shipyard, and it tells your factories to produce those blocks and delivers them to the shipyard.

if you access as a player it is a hub for all your connected factories from where you can produce every block.

while you are building a station with the build block, and you dont have the block you want to place then the crafting computer creates that block for you so you can place it.

Reaction score
    You can already do that ingame, with displays, lots of logic and work.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I love this concept. Schine has been looking for a way to "limit" factory output in a manner similar to the way that factories can be programmed to draw in resources. I think this new block would perform double duty of creating that limiter without need for extensive logic, and thereby create a more new-player-friendly factory system.

Reaction score
    can you point me to a tutorial?
    There is no such things as it is something that require a lot of work. However you can search and find already built automated factory like this one. Note that the factory may be old and need some work on but all that you need in top of that is a system to simply enter commands and check if everything is built. You might want to take a look here for that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    There is no such things as it is something that require a lot of work. However you can search and find already built automated factory like this one. Note that the factory may be old and need some work on but all that you need in top of that is a system to simply enter commands and check if everything is built. You might want to take a look here for that.
    thank you :)

that looks like a lot of work and like something that I really dont want to do in the game
    and I dont think that the existence of such a possibility negates my Idea. this should be a game after all.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think we need a better wiki about regex and stuff like this.

A simple community-content link in the wiki can do a lot if peoples are just able find it.