Suggestion: Docking Units and Enhancers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Simple suggestion. Get rid of enhancers for docking and turret units and allow docking dimensions to be defined by the block itself with a simple UI pop-up. We have the option in server.cfg to remove limits, but I think it would be better overall to just remove them from the game.

For example, if someone has a circular platform in the middle of space with a diameter of x, and the owner doesn't want a massive capital ship with a length of anything >x able to dock or have the dock's box clip over another nearby docking space.

I just think if you want to design by vanilla rules, you have to take enhancers into account for turreted weapons if you want to try out other servers with your ship's design. That space can be used for something better the way that enhancers work right now.

Reaction score
    It gets mildly annoying when you have to figure out the exact \"L\" form of enhancers to put when you need to dock large ships, especially the amount of enhancers that stick out the bottom of your docking module the larger your ship is.

I think that the GUI system that you\'re talking about would be great, and we could still have enhancers, but it would just be a slot system where you put # amount of enhancers in that slot based on how big your ship is, and if your ship was still too large, if would give you a pop-up of how many more you need to put in that slot in the GUI.

But, TBH, just a simple GUI system and the removal of enhancers overall sounds hell of a lot simpler compared to how much you have to modify a docking space currently.

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    But my favourite is:

1. Docking area is the upper limit, but does not get red on obstructions.
    2. Docking areas should not overlap.

• Their size is adjusted to the docking ship before the check for overlapping.
      • If it overlaps, the others do not get red, but reduce in size until they do not overlap.
    3. Disable collision checks between docked and dock.

• Only new blocks inside a docking area check if the docked not obstructs this pont.

obstruction = (>x.min & y.min & z.min &