Stupid Rail docker

Reaction score
    Hello everyone,

Can someone help me to solve this problem ?

Hoping there is one way to solve this, and this part of the game is not buggy as well.

Thanks in advance.

*Gif : Call back to transporter order

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Just a wild guess... am thinking speed issue, too many thrusters.

Reaction score
    It's classic StarMade AI at it's most derpy. When the recall order gets sent, the Fleet AI sends all fleet ships towards their assigned dockers, the trouble is, that the AI is derpy and mostly flies in a straight line, at top speed and does not have much in the way of collision avoidance. You can fix it by extending the docking rails outward from the ship more, so the AI ship has more room to maneuver and hit the pickup rail easier.

Reaction score
    Edit:
    sorry i wrote some stupid things and wanted to delet the post... but i could not :-(

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    To compensate for the smaller craft's speed and momentum, you need more space between the pickup point and your main ship so it doesn't collide. It should be noted that ANY collision while docking will cause the drone/fighter/shuttle to stop and spin in place while trying to figure out how to dock. Based on the size of your ship, I'd recommend adding 15-20 (and no less than 10) meters of pickup rail to your docking systems. That should give the smaller craft enough room to figure out to dock without colliding.

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Try use 9 pickup rails, that do the area of dock trigger more big, i think that can help to solve the issue, also add some more rail blocks can help too.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    A trick I've used when each parasite ship has it's own docking point is to call the parasite ships into formation before ordering them to dock. They will always form up on the mothership in the same pattern/ locations based on their position in the fleet list and this makes it so they will always have a short discrete path from their personal formation position to the pickup rail that they are assigned to. They deal with derping into formation position a lot better IMO and do not build up to much speed moving from formation position to a close-by pickup rail.

Reaction score
    When you have a lot of ships docking close together it pays to stagger pick up points. The docking module should face the pick up point and and AI deals with pick up points better when the docking module is centered to the core and way out in front of the craft. With how bad the AI is any docking module on the back or sides of the craft besides the front side are doomed to fail carrier recall. You can hide front side dockers with doors but you can't really avoid using them if you want reliable carrier recall. 30 to 50 blocks of pick up rail can do wonders for carrier recall. The more times your craft crash into each other or the carrier harder it will be to get them docked.

yoyo2901

Meatshield
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    extend the docking arm like the rest says but that ship is fucking amazing :)

Reaction score
    Thank you all for your help. I tried extend the arm + do a sort of Fork at the end. Works far better even if it's not perfect !

Looks Ugly when we are in build mode... But i think there is no other way. i'll consider removing totally the drones, we'll see. !

Thanks

*edit : Thank you @yoyo2901

Last edited: