Strange weapon bug

Reaction score
    Hello all. I apologize if this issue is already known, but I was unable to find anything on it. On the past few ships that I've worked on, I used symmetry to create a dual Ion Beam/Beam weapon that runs on either side of the ship.

This worked fine for me initially, but it seems after some time this weapon has become glitched on both ships that it is on. The weapon still appears to function normally, however as far as the weapons computer is concerned, each of the main beam arrays has shifted to the left about 50 or so blocks. This means that when firing the weapon, one of the beams appears to be way off to the side of the ship, while the other is directly in the middle.

Not only is this obvious when firing the beams, but if you select the weapons computer, the outlines of the selected blocks do not line up with the actual position of the blocks, but rather with where the beams appear to be originating from.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there any way to correct the issue without replacing all the blocks?

Thanks!

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    have you tried to reset the outputs?
    Find the weapon block you want to be the output and press "R" on it.

Master_Artificer

Press F to pay respects
    Reaction score
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Thinking Positive
    so the game "thinks" the blocks are all 50 blocks Outside of your ship?

Reaction score
    have you tried to reset the outputs?
    Find the weapon block you want to be the output and press "R" on it.
    Thanks, I did try that, and sadly it does not work.

so the game "thinks" the blocks are all 50 blocks Outside of your ship?
    Yes, that's basically whats happening. I can post a screenshot. It looks like there's a phantom beam array way off to the side of my ship, the purple outlines of the linked blocks, but not the actual blocks themselves.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Thanks, I did try that, and sadly it does not work.

Yes, that's basically whats happening. I can post a screenshot. It looks like there's a phantom beam array way off to the side of my ship, the purple outlines of the linked blocks, but not the actual blocks themselves.
    hmm try saving the ship and spawn it again
    if it's still there, try to remove the main weaponscomputer, put it up again and re-link the weapons, (remember you can link larger groups of weapon blocks with one click by using shift+V)

Reaction score
    My suggestion would be to place beam blocks linked to the computer in those spots, then remove them.

Reaction score
    So far nothing has worked. I may need to scrap the whole dual beam array idea. Re-linking the computer actually made it so the beam slaves were doing the whole phantom thing, which was sort of ok because it had no impact on the main array. However, it has since reverted back to what it was doing tin the first place.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    If your in single player mode you could try copying your ship manually so all links get broken,

Place a new ship core with a simple name and make sure it's saved with /force_save then exit the game .
    Go-to the starmade/server-database/data directory and
    Delete the .smd2 file for the core you just placed, copy all the .smd2 files of your ship but change the name of the ship part of the filename to match the name of the new core.
    When you start the game you should now have a copy of your ship with nothing linked at all, you will need to link all weapons computers to the core manually as well.

Reaction score
    Tried every suggestion on the thread, nothing has worked. Today I redid the entire array, and as soon as I logged out and logged back in, the problem returned. Reloading the blueprint I saved right before doing this does not solve the problem. I included a few screenshots.