Story Mode

Reaction score
    Well, currently only Sandbox mode is there. How about a Story Mode where we can program what ships or components we will get/the prologue/the goal of the story?

Example: You get 1 Dreadnought. The prologue can be set to enemies suddenly spawning and tearing the dreadnought apart/core suddenly overheating/something else. And the goal of the story is to build a ship and launch back to home (to a designated space station) and docking equals game victory.

Discuss it and let me know what do you think of it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    There will not likely be any sort of gamemode based on an individual scenario. Sandbox will become more and more of a survival experience with RP elements included so that players can create their own adventure. It is much more entertaining when an event like the one you described occurs naturally while playing and gives you a goal in a universe with more freedom to achieve that goal.

There will be scenarios and dynamic events that will occur, however little has been discussed as major AI improvements need to happen first.

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    It is much more entertaining when an event like the one you described occurs naturally while playing and gives you a goal in a universe with more freedom to achieve that goal.
    That may be debatable. I'd love to have the tools to set up an old-school role playing universe as a game master (or better yet, a group of game masters, to share the work), and have a bunch of people play through individual scenarios or a 'campaign' without the default game interfering; I understand that's not the current vision for the game, however it might be something worth keeping in mind for later... there are not many games I know of that provide such tools, and it might be an additional 'selling point', if you will.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    That may be debatable. I'd love to have the tools to set up an old-school role playing universe as a game master (or better yet, a group of game masters, to share the work), and have a bunch of people play through individual scenarios or a 'campaign' without the default game interfering; I understand that's not the current vision for the game, however it might be something worth keeping in mind for later... there are not many games I know of that provide such tools, and it might be an additional 'selling point', if you will.
    Of course it is in mind. However you are right. It is not the current vision for the game. A game that very much needs completing.

Space Engineers uses a scenario system but they require constant logout in order to engage each one. It would be simpler if those scenarios were just a naturally occurring part of the world. There might never be a mode solely dedicated to one scenario or another. If there are then there would be no doubt it would be customization.

Reactions: Lecic

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    The game needs a thorough API. Then modders can make an infinite amount of story modes as mods to the core game.