Storage / Ressources sorting /constructions / Utility Ships and mechanics ...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hello Everyone !

1st i wanna congratulate dev (s) for the good job done on this game.

As every Tester, i have some suggestions :

im a RP player and so, i have to mine and salvage a lot its a really enjoyable way to play the game. But some tools / improvements could make the job easier and it could be a great thing :)

- MATERIAL and RESSOURCES MANAGMENT (Storage & Factories) :

As there is tons of cubes, and there will be maybe more and more in the future, its often hard to sort all kind of ressources, and it takes a lot of time.

1- Add possibility to combine Storage chests to make it bigger, maybe make it possible to get infinite storage =>

2- So that : a Menu similar to the "shop menu" could prompt when we open a Chest.

3- Why a Menu ? So that we can easily find items in categories.

4- Then add the possibility to "SEARCH" items in menus via a searchbar.

5- PLEASE oh please :) add a " SMART BULK DUMPING " option when we open a chest = so that we wont have to transfer the ressources stack by stack in storage chests .

6- FACTORIES : (i often use it as storage so that a main factory could take the ressources needed by receipes by his own)

-Please Make it possible to Store all Receipes in a Factory Input.

-Then please make possible to choose which receipe to use by dragging it in a list "Active receipes"

-Please add a QUANTITY selector when we choose to drag a receipe in the "ACTIVE RECEIPES" list.

LOOTS and SALVAGE:

1- Salvage distance is a bit short actually ... = many many collision with objects when workin with a Salvage Ship. NEED TO BE INCREASED A LOT.

2- Possibility to Salvage CORES after Destroying / salvaging all other parts of a ship

3- Please make possible to catch LOOTS with a salvage beam

4- Please disable LOOTS to disappear after a short time (actually really really too short)

5- Please show loots in space on the RADAR / Screen (with a golden direction arrow :) )

6- The Use of AUTOMOTIVE SALVAGE CONTAINERS could be great on a salvage Ship.

= Make Docking containers blocks = all loots and salvages ressources dont go in player inventory directly but in automotive Storage / container docked to main ship/ station.

Actually i use a small ship (7x7x7m max) docked to my Salvage ship and close to the Ship core (command room :) ), so that i could empty my inventory in its stashes easily when im workin in space. And when i come back to Home Station i can undock it to Dump Treasures into station Storage.

UTILITY SHIPS ?

Maybe i didnt used a good method, but actually i cannot manage to make a AI repair ship in my sector.

1- It could be great to be able to make a repair ship which undock from player stations to automaticly repair damaged ships (not ennemies for sure) in the sector/ area.

BUILDING / CONSTRUCTING (improvements, optimisations...)

1- Possibility to Design SUBSYSTEMS such as engines, technical groups, weapons and so on ...

HOW ? :

Most simple : using a ship core such as turret building and a check box "SUBSYSTEM" + Subsystem docking unit

More convenient (maybe in future): Opening a Specific building editor in game that enable to create and modify blueprints loaded on the server.

Why ? :

In order to SAVE subsystems blueprints and to make its management easier.

It could be possible to remove / modify ... engines, shields, power, weapons subsystems easily.

For weapons it could be a great way to make the link with computers easily and less risky :)

Could maybe save a bit memory on pcs and servers : the Subsystem designed and saved in editor could be a simplified BOX / Volume in the ship in game.

Examples :

a 10x10x10 Generator + Power tanks + Shields

a 60meters long Antimatter gun

a 3x 10 meters long Missile launcher ...

2- Possibility to use LAYERS for building mode = to view specific things : Weapons only, Generators, shields ....

3- ATTENTION : great point in my opinion :)

Possibility to choose what to DOCK on a docking unit directly from a menu opened by pressing "R" on the block.

Possible only in a shop range for sure !!!!

4- Possibility to Change orientation of blocks such as COMPUTERS even after it was builded.

5- Possibility to select All Weapon / generators blocks (functionnal blocks in fact) which are connected together. Could make many changes possible and easier ...

I think its enough for today ... :)

Please do not hesitate to criticise, to support, or add your modifications to my ideas !!!

Thanks in advance

XFrancis15X

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Please Make it possible to Store all Receipes in a Factory Input.

-Then please make possible to choose which receipe to use by dragging it in a list \"Active receipes\"

Already there. Store everything of what you need in a factory input (which are btw redundant with plex stores mostly)

Then add all your recipies to factory blocks. The first one is active.

afaik you can select multiple inputs and even use factories as a input for others.

Factories could the last time I tested it be master and slave at the same time.

Please do not hesitate to criticise, to support, or add your modifications to my ideas !!!

I think most things are either implemented and just not discovered by you, on the todo list or suggested elsewhere.

I really like loot management and suggested some time ago something about it:

• http://star-made.org/content/element-sizecolor-chat-ingame-windows-etc-and-plex-stores (BUY_* SELL_* LOOT_* named plex stores)
    • http://star-made.org/content/less-annoying-inventar-disorder-and-switch-multiple-hotkey-items

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would like to add a new point to my last Suggestions post :

FACTION TOOLS :

1- Please add a section for the Faction Bases + positions

2-please make it possible to select the different bases in the list to set a waypoint.

3- In the section \"NEW POST\" its not possible to Edit one post. It could be great to add this possibility.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    1- Add possibility to combine Storage chests to make it bigger, maybe make it possible to get infinite storage =>

2- So that : a Menu similar to the \"shop menu\" could prompt when we open a Chest.

3- Why a Menu ? So that we can easily find items in categories.

4- Then add the possibility to \"SEARCH\" items in menus via a searchbar.

I agree that inventory window should be changed, but I see it with something like tabs, rather then shop. I know i\'m not a graphic, designer, coder or whatever, but in my opinion it\'ll be easier to find anything if there\'d be tabs, even named like in the shop right now, and in every tab there\'ll be shown every block of that category in the fixed place. These images of blocks would be darkened and if you had any block of that type it would be noticable at the first sight because it would be much brighter. Nothing revolutionary, but this way it would be much easier to find the block you want. The problem is that you could have every block in the game in one storage container but this idea + one of mine earlier http://star-made.org/content/freighters-and-moving-cargo is something i\'d really love to see in game.
    Plus this new inventory window could have tabs like \"favorite\" and something like \"everything what is placed here\"

Yeah, i love this idea and i give myself +1

5- PLEASE oh please :) add a \" SMART BULK DUMPING \" option when we open a chest = so that we wont have to transfer the ressources stack by stack in storage chests .

If idea above wouldn\'t be implemented i\'d like to see that in game

LOOTS and SALVAGE:

1. Distance of salvage beam is fine for me and i was salvaging a lot before i found how much op are factories

2. You can do it already

3. Just fly onto the loot by Your ship

4. Disappearing is fine but i agree it should take more time. And also there should be other way to throw away the blocks like little trash can in inventory window

5. + 1
    but the problem would be to count all the loot dropped by one ship as one marker

6. +1
    But it would be lovely if we could decide where the loot/salvage should go. Like order of filling the containers.

1- It could be great to be able to make a repair ship which undock from player stations to automaticly repair damaged ships (not ennemies for sure) in the sector/ area.

+1
    I think during Q&A there was mentioned the idea of dockyard or something like that, where you could repair your ship to the condition it was before. I don\'t know about repair drones but i think we\'ll also see them.

1- Possibility to Design SUBSYSTEMS

I am not much into the idea of subsystems, I just don\'t see much reason for them to be in game. What would really make a life easier in game is:

2- Possibility to use LAYERS for building mode = to view specific things : Weapons only, Generators, shields

+111111one1one!!1!!!
    Much needed, such revolution, so many layers

3. You mean buying ships from docking module? If yes, then I have mixed feeling about it and i can\'t decide whether i like it or not. On the one side it would definatelly make carrier pilots life easier, but on the other side - wouldn\'t it be too easy? I just don\'t know

4- Possibility to Change orientation of blocks such as COMPUTERS even after it was builded.

+ 1/2
    not much needed in my opinion

5- Possibility to select All Weapon / generators blocks (functionnal blocks in fact) which are connected together. Could make many changes possible and easier

+1
    It sure would be nice with the new weapon system update as you could turn your ship from shooting lasers to beams without the need to reconnect the blocks one at a time.

Sorry for not quoting every comment, just didn\'t want to make this post too long

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    thanks for the replies guys !

and thanks to \"rece ktore leczo\" who made me laugh especially with the \"+1/2\" :)

I really hope schema will make the possibility of bigger storage and so make possible to make real salvage / utility ships !