Storage for Survival Games

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    I think that we can all agree that the current inventory system dose not encourage building transport ships or storage facilities.
    But lets face it having an unlimited number of blocks on ones person or in a plex storage is crazy.

What I am suggesting it that we have two blocks one a storage interface block and a storage block that connects to it. Each container you build would hold one item and the amount it would hold depends On how big you make it.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Something like this was mentioned earlier and I have to say I like it. We could build actual containers that could be accessed and have adjusted inventory space based on the structures size. Each block would add a certain number of inventory slots.

Another thing that would be nice is the ability to either move this structure around and keep its inventory intact or to transfer it easily to another computer.

Reaction score
    What would be really nice is a GUI for storage that let you actually see everything without having to scroll...

But yes, at the moment storage is only really useful if you have a lot of random loot you're transporting.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Last time I heard a stack limit was planned. Not sure when it will be added though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Last time I heard a stack limit was planned. Not sure when it will be added though.
    A stack limit is fine, but I think we should have to build our own container and the amount they hold should be based on there size.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    A stack limit is fine, but I think we should have to build our own container and the amount they hold should be based on there size.
    That sounds interesting. So a plex storage could hold a certain mass of items. Seems like a great RP element.

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    I think that we can all agree that the current inventory system dose not encourage building transport ships or storage facilities.
    But lets face it having an unlimited number of blocks on ones person or in a plex storage is crazy.

What I am suggesting it that we have two blocks one a storage interface block and a storage block that connects to it. Each container you build would hold one item and the amount it would hold depends On how big you make it.
    Something like this!

Something like this was mentioned earlier and I have to say I like it. We could build actual containers that could be accessed and have adjusted inventory space based on the structures size. Each block would add a certain number of inventory slots.

Another thing that would be nice is the ability to either move this structure around and keep its inventory intact or to transfer it easily to another computer.
    And this!

There are 2 additional mechanics needed ingame to realize this.

1. The addition of the mentionend new storage blocks (I would also suggest that every block shows through textures if it is full or empty.)

2. A easy way to transfer Items from and to docked entities. Maybe even a possibility to link salvage beams to a docking block to get the items directly transfered.

--> It would be possible to build custom ships which are basically only a storage. They can be docked to a mining ship, a transport ship, a base or whatever to move all the stored blocks.

--> Items can be transfered through docking or the exchange of containers.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    My inventory is too small for all the different blocks I use for ship building, even with multi-slot items. The hotbar is way too small, I have to swap blocks all the time. As soon as there's a separate build mode with an unlimited inventory (or at least as limited as it is now) things like stack limits or mass limits can come. But before that it will make building non-primitive ships a pain in the a***, and I'm sure a lot of builders will quit the game.

Snk

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Top Forum Contributor
    My inventory is too small for all the different blocks I use for ship building, even with multi-slot items. The hotbar is way too small, I have to swap blocks all the time. As soon as there's a separate build mode with an unlimited inventory (or at least as limited as it is now) things like stack limits or mass limits can come. But before that it will make building non-primitive ships a pain in the a***, and I'm sure a lot of builders will quit the game.
    No. Shipbuilding should not limit gameplay. You should be able to access your storage through your inventory, that would make sense.