Storage filters working as intended?

Reaction score
    So I wanted to set up a "dumping" storage that filters and sends its items off to different storage units...I thought that is what the new system is all about...alas no. So I set a chest up to take 7 colours of hull and connect it to my dumping chest, it takes items as designed. Then I set the next chest to accept the remaining colours of hull and connect that to the dumping chest and test it out...the first 7 colours stop going out of the dumping chest and the remaining ones start.

So it seems we cant have one plex storage that feeds more than one other storage...are we meant to have a long daisy chain of storage, each filtering one less item than the one before? Coz that'll be a right ballache :/

Is it a bug or intended behaviour?

Reaction score
    Reading my post again, I sound like a whiny teenager....wasn't intended at all...just puzzled as to how the storage works. Am I doing it wrong? Any solid info/tutorials on connecting plex storage up? Cheers.

Thanks for making StarMade :)

Reaction score
    I would also like to know. I thought the ability for one storage to pull from another was akin to the minecraft sorting machines (aka, hopper chains...) but in order to do even that, you'd have to have every storage in the chain filter all items and that would be painful![DOUBLEPOST=1411085798,1411083907][/DOUBLEPOST]I did figure out that if you connect a logic block to the chest it will activate the chest with an on signal and deactivate it with an off signal. I thought maybe I could speed up the chest collection using a simple clock, but all it does is activate and deactivate the chest and the progress bar still runs in the background.

So I connected a slave chest to a timer and to a master chest. I put my filter on the slave chest and put all my items in the master. When the slave chest is inactive, it will not pull items. When active it will only pull items if active when the bar is at the end (or starting over). I don't know if this would even be useful for making a sorter (ie: turn off a set of master chests and cycle power while the slave pulls out specific items?) I can't think of a valid use for this.

Reaction score
    I am hoping that's just a bug that will be fixed. I was disappointed too when I found out I can't make a sorting machine.
    You can have one factory feeding multiple others though, so I assume they will make the chests do that too.