Storage Display

Edymnion

Carebear Extraordinaire!
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Would be quite handy now that we have to watch how much cargo space we have available if we could CV a display to the storage block and have it pull in the current/max volume statistics the same way it currently can pull in real time shields and power.

I for one like to put a display monitor over my storage blocks to label them, being able to put how full they are on the display labels would be very useful.

Reaction score
    Would be quite handy now that we have to watch how much cargo space we have available if we could CV a display to the storage block and have it pull in the current/max volume statistics the same way it currently can pull in real time shields and power.

I for one like to put a display monitor over my storage blocks to label them, being able to put how full they are on the display labels would be very useful.

Agreed

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    Push. Any news on this?
    Is it possible to display the current volume of the connected Storage?

Reactions: MacThule
    Reaction score
    Push. Any news on this?
    It is. One way is to use a Sensor and a few logic blocks, or lots depending on how detailed you want the readout to be. Another would be ACTIVATORs and ORs to detect "not full" and "not empty" states (which I haven't looked into in quite some time, not sure if it ever worked correctly or if it's even still supposed to work at all - ⚓ T84 Logic blocks next to storages and shipyard computer do not get triggered).

Neither is straightforward or compact, I do hope one day we'll get a less wasteful way for doing things like that.

Reactions: Killom
    Reaction score
    Okay. I will classify this information as "messing around" for the lack of features ;)
    So there is no viable way to simply print out the overall volume of a storage.

My personal goal would be if it is possible to print out the actual count* of one or more specific items inside the storage.

*or percentage rate calculated from storages total capacity

The display module in its current state has SOOOO much unused potential - it makes me sad :(

First of all: the used font should be monospaced imho.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Example from another thread:

[...] This is the logic that monitors all the capsule storage on the base using the sensor blocks:

View attachment 33374

[...] A top-down view of the factory showing the capsule storage blocks being monitored:

View attachment 33376

When a miner docks on the base all the resources are auto-pulled, refined and then transferred to these storage tanks. The lights on the tanks indicate how full or empty they are. As you can see, at the moment we are pretty low on most things. However, at least now it is super easy for all team members to know what needs to be prioritised when mining.

View attachment 33378