Stopping the downloading.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have my own small server, and its been going great so far. I have spent time and effort building my awesome ships and stations, and I prefer to have others on the server building their own cool awesome ships and stuff.

Most people do that. Some of them built it in singleplayer, and I am okay with them bringing it onto my server since they did put the time into building it. I want to be a server that rewards effort.

However, there are many players that come in my server and immediately buy these professionally made ships from the catalog that they downloaded online.

If these ships were simple small ships the help them get started, it wouldn't be a big deal. Instead, its massive ships with 10 times the stats of any player made ships on the server. This is a huge advantage for no real effort. Also, they tend to cause lagg in a sector if there are several massive ships.

Additionaly, I want to prevent players from using the catalog to get materials. I don't want copies of ships being canabalized. I want players to earn the materials from NPC's, structures, or other players (trade or pirating).

I have read the admin commands dozens of times looking for ways around this. Right now I can only use the honor system, and even then, I'm not always on to tell people the server rules.

Im looking for any practical solution to this problem.

The solution could be ship size limit on what can be bought through catalog. That would be best, but I have no idea how to go about this. If the answer is on the admin command list, can you please specify which one. I have been directed there already, but through genuine effort, I did not see which helped my case.

Any help would be most apprecaited.