Stop AI using player BP's?

Reaction score
    Any help would be appreciated.

Is there a way to force AI to NOT use player blueprints by default?

Something other than tick a box in admin panel for every blueprint loaded to a server. On a busy server where players are constantly uploading BP's every other minute it can be a lot for admins to deal with. I have started seeing servers where admins are disabling blueprints for this very reason. Which as you can imagine makes playing a bit of a chore as you have to manually build things like turrets one by one that you'd normally just upload a BP and spawn them as needed.

Be it a setting or a 3rd party API/Script. Anything would be good.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Check your server setting config file
    There should be a line to disable default priate

Reaction score
    Check your server setting config file
    There should be a line to disable default priate
    Yeah do not want to disable pirates, just do not want them using blueprints players upload to a server.

I think if you're an admin you can manually check a box in the ingame catalog panel to disable them from doing so.
    Problem is if you run a heavily populated server, with 20-50 players at one time every day, not to mention maybe many more players swapping out those numbers, each uploading their own turrets, ships, stations and possibly quite a few each day, it can end up a lot of work for admins to keep on top of with hundreds or thousands of blueprints daily to check.
    Especially for those admins who have day jobs and a life.

I am looking for some way that once the AI ships are defined, an admin can change a setting that says "okay from now on, any BP's uploaded to the server by players AI cannot use."

Otherwise you end up having some absolute junk spawning in as pirate ships. Turrets not attached to anything, ship cores with
    'optimal power cubes' attached and little else, basically anything a player decided to upload to the server as many players would no doubt be aware.

I was hoping if the devs have not yet addressed it and it can be done in game or via a config file, that maybe there was a 3rd party mod or something that could get the job done. I mean I am no coder, but I imagine it would not be hugely difficult for someone with experience like the devs to define a method that allows players to define what ships AI can use, while not having access to use player ships.
    If not a simple "do not use player ships command" then something like a subfolder where the AI can only use blueprints that are in it.

I have seen busy servers where pirates use set BP's, and players can upload their ships no probs, I'd hate to think though there is some OCD admin checking and ticking a box every time someone uploads them to make it that way.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Yeah do not want to disable pirates, just do not want them using blueprints players upload to a server.

I think if you're an admin you can manually check a box in the ingame catalog panel to disable them from doing so.
    Problem is if you run a heavily populated server, with 20-50 players at one time every day, not to mention maybe many more players swapping out those numbers, each uploading their own turrets, ships, stations and possibly quite a few each day, it can end up a lot of work for admins to keep on top of with hundreds or thousands of blueprints daily to check.
    Especially for those admins who have day jobs and a life.

I am looking for some way that once the AI ships are defined, an admin can change a setting that says "okay from now on, any BP's uploaded to the server by players AI cannot use."

Otherwise you end up having some absolute junk spawning in as pirate ships. Turrets not attached to anything, ship cores with
    'optimal power cubes' attached and little else, basically anything a player decided to upload to the server as many players would no doubt be aware.

I was hoping if the devs have not yet addressed it and it can be done in game or via a config file, that maybe there was a 3rd party mod or something that could get the job done. I mean I am no coder, but I imagine it would not be hugely difficult for someone with experience like the devs to define a method that allows players to define what ships AI can use, while not having access to use player ships.
    If not a simple "do not use player ships command" then something like a subfolder where the AI can only use blueprints that are in it.

I have seen busy servers where pirates use set BP's, and players can upload their ships no probs, I'd hate to think though there is some OCD admin checking and ticking a box every time someone uploads them to make it that way.

There is a config ITEM in the config FOR this issue that disables BP turning pirate usable on upload....

Reaction score
    thanks for the help, seems it's broken at the moment and A.I will still use player blueprints

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Yes, there is a slight issue with that,
    however it will be fixed in next release.

See:
    T74: creating a new universe sets all blueprints to enemyusable/others and owner to none

However the core problem was fixed on 07th July so it should be already in release and you only have to adjust your:

server.cfg

Code:
    DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE = true //Default option for blueprints not in catalog yet
    DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_FACTION_BUY = true //Default option for blueprints not in catalog yet
    DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_OTHERS_BUY = true //Default option for blueprints not in catalog yet
    DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_HOME_BASE_BUY = true //Default option for blueprints not in catalog yet
    The defaults in release were "all permissions checked" which is not the desired setting for most servers.
    Changing them there, should disable them for all new uploaded ones. And as players cannot edit the "enemy usable" status, it should be safe that way.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Hiya
    Here is my tuppence worth.

Changing the server.cfg option to
    DEFAULT_BLUEPRINT_ENEMY_USE = false
    worked for me.
    Had the same problem after the last official update that every new BP was set to be used by the enemy. Funny but caused many deaths on my server, lol. Also had all sorts of strange things flying around.

Do not forget to reboot your server though after the change, as I noticed altered options do not seem to be changed until you do. The changing of permissions in the BPs does seem to work immediately though.

The comments after each command in the server configurables, although better than nothing, are usually very vague and open to several meanings.
    Really it needs a proper description made for each configurable.
    Unfortunately this needs to be written by a develper as what we interpret for each option is quite possibly wrong.