stolen ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Why do ppl steal ships from ppl and post them and claim that they are theirs its jsut stupid make ur own dang ship and i think those ppl should be banned

Reaction score
    Because this game allows ships to be stolen, and that rule changes per server. Don\'t play on a server where PVP and ship stealing are allowed, and there are ways to stop people from stealing your ship.

Reaction score
    You mean blueprints? Set them to only allowed for you / your faction in the catalog options...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    He is talking about the section where you can upload/download ships from this site. People download good ships to then subsequently rename them and reupload them as their own. I also believe this is wrong but there is no real way to enforce this.

Reaction score
    I am curious as to where/when ship theft of this sort has occured. Please give examples, as well as the names of the original author and the subsequent reposting author claiming original work, so that the site admins can take appropriate action.

I have not actually seen this occur, so please forgive me if I seem a bit skeptical of this claim. I am not saying it cannot occur, or even that it is unlikely, only that I have never experienced an actual case of replication blueprint arguments.

Now, bear in mind, that original work is still original work, even though the same idea may be used repeatedly. Two people my design NEARLY identical Klingon birds-of-prey, for instance, that only appear in the pictures to have relatively minor cosmetic differences (or possibly no differences at all on the surface on some smaller ships). This is part and parcel of designing a \'tribute\' to another fictional work, and is an example of convergent design, NOT theft of ideas. This is neither theft nor plagiarism, and is not inappropriate in any way.

In fact, due to limited design possibilities and efficient design methods, I have actually wound up independently replicating IN IT\'S ENTIRETY another design independently. In this case, a twin turret with 180 block antimatter cannons... a long cube with barrels sticking out made of ac\'s, in the configuration I designed them, covered with gray armor the way I covered them, is one of the most logical ways to create a highly efficient turret designed to fit into a certain space requirement, and resemble star wars turbolasers. I downloaded a ship recently that had EXACTLY THE SAME TURRET DESIGN, with only a 4 block difference (I placed 4 sloped blocks below the ship core to make the turret look \'attached\' to it\'s mounting point, and he allowed the turret to \'float\'). There was never a question of him copying the design from me or vice versa, it was simply the way the design flowed for maximum efficiency, visual appeal, and genre suitability.