Stockholm-Class Cruiser WIP

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    well here is my latest ship that will be posted once it is done. exterior is mostly done, interior am i working on.
    i need a little help from you if you are willing though. the core itself is too far back and i wonder if there are any way to move it?
    the other qusetion is if you can think of a better name for this ship thatn the one in the title please say it!

and please tell what you think i should change and what i did good and so on.
    side view:

Front:

Top:

Bottom:

Rear:

LunaIsBestPony

token ruskie
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Shape? Great.
    Hull color? Good.
    Engines? Interesting.
    Front? Don't want that pointing at me.
    Bridge section? Needs a little bit of work, to be honest.
    Details? Ehh.

You put far, far too many greebly bits on the hull. While I get that's supposed to give a nice "armor-plated" look, it detracts from the overall look of the ship. Also, there are far too many ice crystal/varat crystal "accents" on the top and bottom of the hull. There's just way too much. The hull looks way too busy and detailed, and too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Excepting ice cream. One can never have too much ice cream.

What I would suggest is adding bigger details, like pipes, fake windows, large turrets, ect. ect. In some areas, just remove the armor plates entirely and add stripes or something similar.

Also, the area below the bridge/observation deck is just... well, it's a 90 degree angle. Put some wedges in there and stick spess(space) intakes for sucking in all that delicious space air!

And finally, the name's okay. It don't really think it needs to be changed.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would say that the hull detailing is too uniform... They are all squares, and placed too regularly. They should be placed at irregular intervals, but with some sort of plan. There should be variances to reflect the nominal systems that should be beneath the hull. An example of this might be heat-sink style things near where the reactor should be, and more armor looking things over important hull sections. You might confine the glowing parts to sections that are theoretically using a large amount of power, like weapons and engines, but that is pretty traditional. Overall not a bad ship, but there is room for improvement.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Shape? Great.
    Hull color? Good.
    Engines? Interesting.
    Front? Don't want that pointing at me.
    Bridge section? Needs a little bit of work, to be honest.
    Details? Ehh.

You put far, far too many greebly bits on the hull. While I get that's supposed to give a nice "armor-plated" look, it detracts from the overall look of the ship. Also, there are far too many ice crystal/varat crystal "accents" on the top and bottom of the hull. There's just way too much. The hull looks way too busy and detailed, and too much of a good thing is a bad thing. Excepting ice cream. One can never have too much ice cream.

What I would suggest is adding bigger details, like pipes, fake windows, large turrets, ect. ect. In some areas, just remove the armor plates entirely and add stripes or something similar.

Also, the area below the bridge/observation deck is just... well, it's a 90 degree angle. Put some wedges in there and stick spess(space) intakes for sucking in all that delicious space air!

And finally, the name's okay. It don't really think it needs to be changed.
    good feedback, and great ideas thank you! :D
    i know there are alot of ice crystals, i might change some of them to something else it's a WIP ship after all, hut the llines of ice crystals shall be there i think, they shall look like overcharged power lines for the main armament at the front. but i get your point.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    another cool effect that is totally reasonable looking is recessed lighting. Have the crystals themselves (not necessarily ice crystals) be out of view behind hull sections, leaving only the light they cast visible on the hull.

For power lines, you can always try using lines of light sticks (not the blocks, but the rod lights). Tie them to logic for cool weapon firing effects.

I don't know where you plan to install turrets, if indeed you do, but make them special. Build up an area around them, or dock them three layers below the outer edge of the hull, in a little well. Have power and control lines running to them visibly if you like, or build them a specially armored platform.

Look at some of the animated gun logic setups on the site: If you have a large main gun, it can't hurt to have it "charge up" for a second before firing. You can also have cooling vents open as the gun fires, with orange (or some other color) glow inside them; have them close more slowly on a timer.

What are you planning for internal space? I personally love a good "RP Interior" ship, but I recognize that not everyone does. If you DO plan interior spaces, there are MANY cool things you can do with them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    another cool effect that is totally reasonable looking is recessed lighting. Have the crystals themselves (not necessarily ice crystals) be out of view behind hull sections, leaving only the light they cast visible on the hull.

For power lines, you can always try using lines of light sticks (not the blocks, but the rod lights). Tie them to logic for cool weapon firing effects.

I don't know where you plan to install turrets, if indeed you do, but make them special. Build up an area around them, or dock them three layers below the outer edge of the hull, in a little well. Have power and control lines running to them visibly if you like, or build them a specially armored platform.

Look at some of the animated gun logic setups on the site: If you have a large main gun, it can't hurt to have it "charge up" for a second before firing. You can also have cooling vents open as the gun fires, with orange (or some other color) glow inside them; have them close more slowly on a timer.

What are you planning for internal space? I personally love a good "RP Interior" ship, but I recognize that not everyone does. If you DO plan interior spaces, there are MANY cool things you can do with them.
    you know what that's an awesome idea, one problem though, right now the best i can build with logic is a one-to-one floor elevator. otherwise i cant get it to work. if you know any video or so that can show me how to do what you just said. i will definitly do it. and here is a pic where the turrets are gonna be:

and some anti-missile turrets placed in groups.

Reactions: Rumcajz

The Judge

Kill me please
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Little too greebly, but other than that it looks amazing.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Tbh I like the strongly greebled look of the hull. IMO it gives the ship a "natural" touch, as if it was expanded piece by piece over a long period of time, like a really old city's core.(natural in the sense of not planned like this from the beginning, but grown over time while adapting)

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Embrace your OCD-like (mentioned in jest. people do suffer) greebling. Think of those armor panels as scales on a reptile. Try making the peaks a different colour than the troughs, not too different though. Try black and grey or others that are close together.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    UPDATE: made a new and a lot nicer bridge and changed the detalis around the main armament. more updates comming.

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    You might make the turrets more a part of the overall ship... they kind of look like they are just sitting there.

As to logic tutorials, check these out...

he has a whole series!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You might make the turrets more a part of the overall ship... they kind of look like they are just sitting there.

As to logic tutorials, check these out...

he has a whole series!
    thanks mate!

Reaction score
    If u want i can Post a 7 flor elevator Template wich is extendable!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    If u want i can Post a 7 flor elevator Template wich is extendable!

that was actually really helpfull, thank you! is the first pic how to build it?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440849523,1440847257][/DOUBLEPOST]i just wonder guys i am thinking of adding lights that turn of when i fire and turn on one light at a time untill the gun is fully recharged all the lights are on. if you know what i mean. anyone know how to do that?

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Lol I have family in Stockholm xD
    Nice ship btw. The kind of rocky armour plates makes it feel like some sort of alien ship for me.

Reaction score
    that was actually really helpfull, thank you! is the first pic how to build it?
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440849523,1440847257][/DOUBLEPOST]i just wonder guys i am thinking of adding lights that turn of when i fire and turn on one light at a time untill the gun is fully recharged all the lights are on. if you know what i mean. anyone know how to do that?
    Kind of but i will make a template and upload it in a view minutes :D

Edit:
    Here is the full pack to build the Elevator!
    with all parts and instructions :)

Last edited: