Sticky block

Reaction score
    Hi all,
    How about a sticky block? It would be a block base and have one "sticky" side to it. If the sticky side touches any other object, it would remain in place until salvaged or otherwise destroyed.

This would be useful for a harpoon type weapon to grapple ships; a "boarding ship" that would make it possible to board another ship at speed; or to stay with another ship during a jump. Or for sticky explosives, mines, traps, etc.

I have no idea how this would affect the server end, if having 2 objects stuck together (facing different directions) might cause problems.

What do you guys think?

Reactions: Lecic
    Reaction score
    I can very much relate this to classical era boarding, where the boarding party would throw grappling hooks at the enemy ship and then attempt to slow it down.

afcourse we already have ''push'' , ''pull'' '' and stop'' beams to do that. But I am unsure how they work.
    (one would assume by attaching the effects to a beam right?)

I would however prefer this harpoon type of weapon where you just attach yourself to the other ship and then use the sheer power of your trust to halt the enemy ship. (and if collision damage would be in the game the ability to rip apart entire ships hehehe...)

Then again I can see gamewise problems of attaching 2 ships to make 1 entity that pulls in 2 different directions...

EDIT: Wait you mean speed up to the ship in question to stay with it during flight or warp?! Something like a docking module but then not faction protected and size limited?

Well yes I do want!

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    The concept itself might be a good idea. If the ship getting stuck to the other joins the same relative orientation as it's host (like when you exit a moving ship and you move alongside it), then boarding might become a viable tactic or at the very least a novelty. However, what way is there to unstick the ship besides just destroying the blocks? There needs to be some other way for them to be detached because otherwise that's kind of lame.

The novelty of this would be pretty funny though. You know the first thing players are going to do with this is make dick-shaped ships and stick to their unsuspecting prey. Do you really want to unleash that on the galaxy? Swarms of phallic ships? Maybe named hilarious names like "Penetrator-Class"?

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Activating it with logic should disengage the sticking temporarily.