"Stickey" turret motion?

Reaction score
    I've built a turret and it seems to have full motion in both directions but the up down motion gets stuck now and then and won't respond to up and down mouse movement. If I move side to side a little it will unstick. the turrent will move freely for a while and then just randomly not go up again at a certain point. It seems somehow related to side to side motion to both get stuck and unstuck but no particular position creates the situation.

Is this some sort of weird partial obstruction I haven't found? It seems like it started happening as I was building on to it but I feel like I've been around the whole thing twice to check for collisions and I can't find any.
    [doublepost=1502837481,1502837085][/doublepost]Ok. . . 2 minutes after posting I think I sorted it out. There was a block that I guess I could call a "partial collision". I found it by moving up slowly and finding a sticky point that would slow it down slightly but then it could push through it 9 times out of 10.

I wish there was some sort of collision mode that highlights any blocks that blocked an entity recently. That wold help a lot troubleshooting animations.