Steam Spaceship Project

Reaction score
    Hello,

I was working on a ship concept that kind of mutated on me in an unexpected way. I was drawing heavily from World War I warships and as I neared completion found that I had dipped probably too heavily into that theme. So I ended up with this...

Now here is my question, because this got me thinking. Would anyone have interest in a Steam Spaceship style server? Basically retelling the naval arms race started in 1904 with the launch of the HMS Dreadnought. Ships would be very similar styled to the one I'm showing here. There would also likely be space bi-planes and everything would be heavily influenced by WWI.

Please note I'm not asking for help building stuff, I have no problem doing the building. What I want to know is if such a server existed as an specific sci-fi setting would you be interested in playing there?

Ship Sizes (rough estimates)
    Fighters 25m
    Strike Fighters 35m
    Bombers 50m
    Corvettes / Torpedo Boats 75m
    Destroyers 150m
    Light Cruisers 225m
    Armored and Protected Cruisers 300m
    Pre-Dreadnoughts 350-400m
    Battlecruisers 450m
    Dreadnoughts 600m

Thank you.

Reaction score
    Well three "likes" was all it took for me to dive back in and get re-motivated. I honestly wasn't sure I was going to spend the time finishing this. I have a special server concept in mind at the moment, but I didn't have a theme for it. So I was experimenting when this accident of a ship happened.

As you can see for yourselves I think this has really come together. The hull is pretty much done, though I am still working on what details I want on the ship. I'm having to restudy WWI warships after all these years with an eye for those details you tend to ignore when your a kid.

Without further adieu I give you the Britannian Armored Cruiser Ajax.

Reaction score
    Looks awesome, man. :)

If I may, I would recommend using Imgur rather then Photobucket for image hosting, though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Very cool.

Dumbfire rocket only, low thrust, no shield server config might fit your theme