Steam Keys for those who purchased on the website

Reaction score
    Anyone else having trouble uplinking their account with steam after redeeming the code? I keep getting an error that says the change is rejected.

Reaction score
    The game key worked, I have the retail version, but I am getting a 'missing executable' error message from Steam now when I click Play. I had the 'demo' installed before, and clicking Play in Steam sent me to the launcher no problem. Now I'm getting this. Restarted Steam, no help.

Never mind, verifying the game cache fixed the issue.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    So once you get your key your Starmade account (on the web) is getting downgraded?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    i get an error saying they cant verify my purchase. i did buy the game, just not through steam so I'm guessing it fubared somewhere on valve's end? if so I'm gonna say forget it till they fix this shit cause i do not want to fuck it up worse.

Reaction score
    So, if you buy it on Steam but not on the registry, does your registry account get upgraded?

Reaction score
    Before the downgrade on claiming my steam key, it said I had a "Full" account. After claiming the key and reupgrading via the link you guys provided to guide you through claiming the steam keys, it now says I have an "Upgraded" account. Is there a difference between "Full" and "Upgraded"?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Before the downgrade on claiming my steam key, it said I had a "Full" account. After claiming the key and reupgrading via the link you guys provided to guide you through claiming the steam keys, it now says I have an "Upgraded" account. Is there a difference between "Full" and "Upgraded"?
    I don't think so. Upgraded is that you have paid for the game, so it can't be negative.

Reaction score
    I'm trying to get the steam key but it is saying that the site is gone. :(
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418354678,1418354342][/DOUBLEPOST]please somebody help

bio

Reaction score
    aw yeah, now it'll soon be 1000+ hours on starmade xD[DOUBLEPOST=1417956205,1417955800][/DOUBLEPOST]what the heck? how come it says my starmade registry account is limited? i bought it a while back :/ DukeofRealms where can i get assistance with this?
    Having the same problem... I bought it shortly after release, but my account says limited... I bought it shortly after release, when it was really cheap. And I convinced a few of my friends to as well and we all played on a server together, which I still have. I still remember downloading the Heldtech Brigadier .sment to play around with, but I haven't played the game in ages. Queue: steam featuring the game. My jaw nearly fell off when I saw how good the graphics were now, and I decided to go check out if we got steam key if we had bought it already on the old system. I go to the site and notice how different it looks, and then I log in after a few failed attempts at remembering my password. After I looked at my account I noticed that it now says "Account status: Demo Account". This left me scratching my head, and a bad taste in my mouth... I opened a support ticket but have yet to hear back.

Any help is appreciated.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1418477441][/DOUBLEPOST]How interesting that it is saying that I joined today... I just logged in. Perhaps if your account existed before the new website, then it marks your account as having joined on your first login since the new site, as I did not register, I logged in, and if by some chance I did not login, but registered by mistake, I don't know where it got bio, as that was the name I registered with forever ago, and I typed my email address in to login...