Steam Keys for those who purchased on the website

DukeofRealms

Count Duku
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    Steam keys are no longer issued, the account is linked through the registry and steam and you will be automatically given the game on steam. https://registry.star-made.org/profile/steam_link

This thread is now outdated.

Greetings,

We have now implemented a system to issue steam keys to those that have already purchased the game on our own website. You can follow this link to get your steam key:https://registry.star-made.org/profile/steam_key Your account will be downgraded in the process.

Once you get your steam key and activate it, you must link your key to your account to re-upgrade https://registry.star-made.org/profile/steam_link

This system is temporary, as we wait for Valve's response on giving us the permission to automatically grant the game to a steam account.

Thanks for playing StarMade,

- SM Team

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Huzzah! I've just been using the demo to run the game through Steam but now I can run the official copy in all it's glory.... not that they are any different at this point in time.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    So glad i bought it before steam i can't understand why you would want to play games in the steam environment... how to play offline then when on trips/holidays etc.?

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I'm getting error 500 when I try to generate a steam-key.

Edit: retried 20 minutes later, workin now :D

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    aw yeah, now it'll soon be 1000+ hours on starmade xD[DOUBLEPOST=1417956205,1417955800][/DOUBLEPOST]what the heck? how come it says my starmade registry account is limited? i bought it a while back :/ DukeofRealms where can i get assistance with this?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    GOT IT!, now lets see how many hours I can get on steam before the end of the year :D

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Haven't worked for me. It has generated a key for me, but when I've uplinked from Steam, it highlights me as a Steam user on an Registry, but doesn't approves my full-purchase status and doesn't even give any field to put the key into.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Hmm, I'm a patient person, so I'll wait until this all goes automagickly. :D

Greets,

Jan

Reaction score
    • Supporter
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    Ok if i´m correct you generate your key by downgrading your registry account and it gets re-upgraded if you link your now new steam account with starmade back to your registry account to get the status upgraded back.

This means that you are still able to play the upgraded version without steam because the "drm" for account upgrade is still generated from the registry not from steam.

If i´m right this should be wrong:
    So glad i bought it before steam i can't understand why you would want to play games in the steam environment... how to play offline then when on trips/holidays etc.?
    There shouldn´t be a mechanism that forces you to use steam even if you get a steam version since there is no real difference to the previous "upgraded drm".

Please tell me if I´m wrong.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    So does this mean that even if I don't want to use steam when the game goes pay to play, I will still be able to play the none steam version? :D

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    So does this mean that even if I don't want to use steam when the game goes pay to play, I will still be able to play the none steam version? :D
    Yea, i'm pretty sure Steam will never be an exclusive prerequisite for playing Star-made (which is why we have our registry system).

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Yea, i'm pretty sure Steam will never be an exclusive prerequisite for playing Star-made (which is why we have our registry system).
    Good because i got worried here for a few minutes.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    You know you can play offline with steam ? just launch steam in offline mode

Reaction score
    I am really happy to see this game on Steam. Since it works on Linux and Valve is a huge supporter of Linux gaming it should really boost the community.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Brilliant. It worked and it's all official. Very nice!