std::cout << "Hello Galaxy";

Reaction score
    I just wanted to post a quick introduction, I just got the game based on a friends recommendation for voxel games. My purpose is twofold. I am learning about game development in my spare time so that I can move away from tedious business development (just had enough of writing financial software for 12 yrs). I am also learning about psuedo-voxel graphics (Yay for programmers art!) because I'm not good with 3D Modelling and don't have friends who are either. So for me, Starmade is both a game, and also inspiration (along with some others) for the game I want to write a make myself.

I recently moved to Japan (still awaiting my spare desktops to arrive!). Hence also LOTS of spare time right now.

I love sci-fi such as Babylon 5 (recently re-watched them ALL in a week long span), Firefly, Andromeda, Star Wars, Dune, Stargate and many others. I look forward to recreating some of the ships in Starmde.

I used to play Shores of Hazeron, Starquest Online, Eve Online, Star Trek Online, Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-CU) and Star Wars The Old Republic. So I have lots of sci-fi gaming experience and hope find a new home with this game that allows such freedom!

Maybe later, once I've played a bit more, I may apply to be a tester while I have the spare time to be able to test.

Reaction score
    Welcome :) would love to see some of the old sci-fi ships come to life in here. I always wish they had (the old Sci-Fi channel) remade the Babylon 5 series like they did Battlestar and Stargate Universe. Hope to share some Ship designs later :)