Stations?

Reaction score
    Why oh why can't we save and purchase space stations. I was like ooh jump gates, time to build my X universe, only to realize i can't save my jump gates to easily build them again... I honestly don't feel like building them from scratch. Then i realized hey wait, other players have uploaded space stations as SMENT files, which if i'm correct, means they managed to make them into blueprints. So i tried installing a base authors jump gate, only to realize i now cant USE nor SEE the blueprint. Is this a glitch? Or is there a reason they can't be used?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    There are no station blueprints. And they don't have sment files either (it's called something else, not entirely sure what though). Anyway, they save their stations with the /save command. That then goes to folder in the starmade directory, and then you need to load it again (don't know how).

I'd look up how to export stations if you really want to save stations. We should be getting station blueprints soon (don't know when, but not that long from now in developement terms), but in the mean time you'll have to use the /save command.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    You can save and load station in a single player world exactly how you would with a ship. It does not appear in the catalog window.

/save "designated file name"

/load "saved file name" "desired name"

There is a folder for smec, which are sectors, called sector export.
    Place your smec file into it. I would assume there are commands to load in those stations, as AndyP was recently able to give us the ability with a text file for loading all the contest entries at once. I would assume a similar command is used. Something like /import_sector "filename" "target sector".

Reaction score
    When you save a station - it is saved just like a ship - with minor differences. It's still a blueprint that you can have in your blue prints folder and you simply type load "mysavedstation" "newname" and press enter and you have a station sitting in front of you. You can save a station by going inside the build block and typing /save "mysavestationname" and it saves it to your blueprints folder. You can also put this blueprint in your blueprints/stations/tradingstation folder and they will randomly spawn throughout the universe.

Reaction score
    I believe load command is limited to admins so you need to either ask one to load your station or use load command only in SP.

If you are as insane as me you may consider making, saving, and using dozens or hundreds copy /paste /templates from the advance build mode to recreate and assemble your stations like a jig saw no idea how this would be affected by differing max build areas though.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    If your station isn't too big you could consider making your max build area at least as big as your station so you could save the entire station itself as a blueprint. But like I said, don't make it too big, or you might crash again. If you decide to ignore thaf advice, you should definitely unload that sector and then come back. It might help.

Reaction score
    If your station isn't too big you could consider making your max build area at least as big as your station so you could save the entire station itself as a blueprint. But like I said, don't make it too big, or you might crash again. If you decide to ignore thaf advice, you should definitely unload that sector and then come back. It might help.
    I tried the load command but the things i spawn don't appear. I just see their marker.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Well, duh! Those stations habe got to be huuuuuuuge! Am I right? Am I right? :p
    Just log out and lig back in. It should load fine them ;)