Station Spawning

Reaction score
    I created folder structure in my StarMade folder for the custom stations. I didn't put anything in the pirate station folder - but only in "neutral" and "trading-guild" the only stations that will spawn are the ones in the trading guild folder - no stations will spawn from the neutral folder. I haven't tried a clean game yet.

Also I still get the new mail from schema after I log in.

Reaction score
    Since you didn't try a clean install—is it possible that you were just unlucky?

Also, to rule out corrupted blueprints: Do those neutral stations spawn if you move them to the trading-guild directory?

Reaction score
    okay, I had problems too. realised the issue was actually the .sment files...
    I used 7-zip to extract the Files into the proper folders.
    for this example, I'll be using pirate.sment (sorry, forgot who's station that was)
    in theory any .zip / .rar archive manager should work, but in practice, well, I recommend 7-zip.

*step 1 - in starmade's directory (where the starmade.jar file is)
    add a new folder "blueprints-stations"
    inside that add the folders "neutral" "trading-guild" and "pirate"

*step 2 - now put your pirate.sment in the pirate folder...

*step 3 - open pirate.sment in 7-zip

*step 4 - you'll notice a folder labelled "pirate" in there, extract that "pirate" folder in 7-zip to the pirate folder in blueprint-stations.

verification - inside the extracted folder, you should see three files "header.smbph" "logic.smbpl" and "meta.smbpm" and a folder "data".

it should now work, of course you'll need to find a NEW pirate base (or a few) in a existing world, or create a new world, and find a pirate base there (I noticed the "defaults" still spawn more often, so don't assume the first station you see is going to be your new station. I actually went through 3 shops and a pirate base before seeing one of the new shops I added.

*i would call this a bug, obviously adding stations does work for some people, and obviously it is meant to automatically extract the station sment files automatically, indicating to me that for some people, it just is not extracting.