Station Core

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    It's been suggested since the dawn of StarMade, but with the advent of the station contest it's time to spawn a new station core block when creating a station (instead of a grey hull).

Either that, or make it so you can save a station blueprint from a build block as any level user. Having to use admin commands sucks, especially when building a station on a server. If you want to save your work on a server, you have to contact an admin and have him/her do it, then have it sent to you. It's a pain, especially for admins.

I like the idea of having a station core block more though, especially if you can bind logic controllers to your hotbar when inside of one.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    I don't think there's a need for a new block to do this.
    A ship core could do this job very good.
    It is actually possible to get a ship core onto a station right now. Take an ordinary ship blueprint, turn the 8th byte from 0 to 2 in the header file and spawn the blueprint in(you have to use an admin command for that atm though, since the blueprint won't show up in the catalog).
    You can even enter that shipcore, but unfortunatly it only allows you to sit and watch in the direction the core is facing. That can be changed though.

Reaction score
    People usually count the Faction block as a 'core' as destroying it lets you 'own' or modify the station. I think this is the reason the block has so many hitpoints.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Megacrafter127
    I'm fine with it using a ship core as long as we get easy blueprint saving and binding stuff to the hotbar while in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just use a build block to sit in - no need for a core.

The bigger problems are initial positioning without admin commands (if you want a station to have it's centre above some planet feature or be in line with another station in another sector.

I would not like station cores as I don't like ship cores now either. But maybe I change my mind once you can have redundant cores and be able to re-locate them like a faction module.

TheBlueThunder

Algorithm of hacks
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I like the idea, because every time I join a server and put a lot of work into my station the server resets by command or by a bug.
    But I see only one problem, credit cap. Stations are big and sometimes small depending on how big a faction is or the amount of work a player does on one, it would cost over the credit cap. But I support your idea. :)

Reactions: BDLS
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Maybe resurrecting the dead now, but in light of the recent crafting update, I think it should be added as a block that can be placed in space and can be crafted (long tree though).