Station Building

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    There is still a problem,
    when i build a station over the edges of a sector, it cause issues to the server.
    The sector crashes.
    This is a known problem.

but when i build a station it should spawn in the center of the sector.
    this could solve the problem with the sector borders half way.
    and there might be no negative when this would be a standard.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Planets are in the middle of a sector. If you try to build a station in the middle of a sector, you will have problems. However, I would be nice to get your in-sector coordniates so that you can place a station right at the middle. (plus for other reasons) That and the fact that the default sector size is going up (mentioned during a stream last night) should solve 99.99% of those problems.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    ... the default sector size is going up (mentioned during a stream last night) should solve 99.99% of those problems.
    Bigger sector sizes for some reason make pirates appear a lot less often. I probably should test it a bit more and post my findings in a bug report.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yes, I assume they would at least fix bugs before changing it. And given that it's an exposed config value, it's not a huge deal exactly when they change that value.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    but a bigger sector size reduces serverloads,
    everytime a player or NPC changes sector this happens.

But for every positive argument for changing something ingame, there might be as twice as much negatives.

I just thaught, that it would be a good Idea to spawn a new created player Station in the middle of a sector.
    If there is still an entity, it should spawn in the nearest free location.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    but a bigger sector size reduces serverloads,
    everytime a player or NPC changes sector this happens.

But for every positive argument for changing something ingame, there might be as twice as much negatives.

I just thaught, that it would be a good Idea to spawn a new created player Station in the middle of a sector.
    If there is still an entity, it should spawn in the nearest free location.
    So, right above the planet? What if we want it close to a particular edge of the sector for whatever reason? Giving the player their coordinates inside the sector would be more useful since it can be used for navigation inside the sector (I'm thinking about on planets, trying to tell which plate has your base on it) and it still preserves freedom.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    if you want to do that for a reason like,
    having a turret that shoot into another sector.
    You could set the Planet as Center with a Faction Module on it maybe.
    than build a long hullline away from the planet the direction you wanna have your turret.
    build your turret at the edge of the sector and remove the hullline.

so if you really wanna do something or crash servers it will be still possible

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Except no, because if have a station 300mx300m and I want inside of another station's turrets or something, I also want the station's marker near the main body, which is over by the edge of the sector.

Reaction score
    Increasing the spawn rate of the pirats and adding few smaller pirate ships would increase probably make them see you more times, but some of them would be small, fast, few weapons and with less protection, while the others would be bigger, slower, more weapons and more protection. From a pirate ship with 7 blocks (ship block, cannons computer, 2 cannons, 1 energy generator and 1 thruster) up to a battlecruiser meant for the players, to survive in a war...