Station Blueprints?

Reaction score
    It doesn't sound like a necessarily bad idea, I've sometimes wanted to move my faction station from 1 server to another without having to completely rebuild the thing. It should be expensive to do of course, probably a more expensive block cost, as well as the additional million for creating a station. We could also add this station to AI blueprints, so they can have a wide variety of space stations as well.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    one of the first things that i noticed on this new site is that there appears to be a page devoted to uploaded stations. this feature might have been implemented already with the most recent update (v0.1421)

Reaction score
    one of the first things that i noticed on this new site is that there appears to be a page devoted to uploaded stations. this feature might have been implemented already with the most recent update (v0.1421)
    Na, I don't believe it is atm. Only way to create an entry is to be in a ship, and you can't be in a space station :p. Plus I don't see any sort of section for stations atm. Might mean it will be eventually implemented tho if you spotted it.

EDIT: I was wrong, there currently is, but I think it's only possible by admins since it requires you to use the /import command. Plus it probably doesn't cost anything if it uses a command.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    I've been trying to find out the details of this since i first saw this. so far there hasn't even been a news post about these upload changes. so anything is possible atm

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I believe saving stations blueprints (like ships) is planned. I think it'll be possible with the update of hud, but it's just mine opinion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Purchased!
    Saving space station BP's is confirmed. Check the most recent Q/A

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    It would also be nice if you could add your own stations to the random universe generation. Give it more deversity.

Reaction score
    In fact for now, you have to import/export the whole sector to "blueprint" a space station.
    It's both admin's functions so if you build it in solo, you can export the sector then, if the admin agrees, he can import it on his server.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    Actually you can hack station into server without admin rights, but I will not explain how to do it, because that method leaves a mess in the server database. Having that option by default could be nice, at least we could have station blueprints visible...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Actually you can hack station into server without admin rights, but I will not explain how to do it, because that method leaves a mess in the server database. Having that option by default could be nice, at least we could have station blueprints visible...
    Generally, instead of saying something to the effect of, "I know how to exploit a game vulnerability, but i'm not going to tell anyone anything else because it's bad.", and going on your way, it is usually considered good form to report the details of a vulnerability to the game's developers in some way, shape or form. If you've already done so, I stand corrected, and in which case, kudos to you. :) If not, please do so! I'm certain that Schema and the rest of the team, as well as all of us, will appreciate it in the proverbial long-run. ^.=.^