startup crash / can't update intel

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    game crashes at 100%, loading FONTS

data//shader/blackhole /blackhole.vert.glsl

data//shader/blackhole/blackhole.frag.glsl

Validation Error: A sampler points to a texture unit used by fixed functions with an incompatible target.

LINK STATUS: 0

The crash window suggests turning sounds of as a possible workaround, it doesn't change anything

It recommends I update my Intel driver, when I run the detector/updater it shows five results:

Graphics Driver

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF)

Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board

Wireless Networking (WiFi)

Wired Networking

Product Detected:

Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Current Driver Installed:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF): This version is valid.

(I updated this when I first tried to load the game)

Audio Driver for Intel Desktop Board

Product Detected: Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000

Current Driver Installed: 6.1.7601.17514

Unknown or unsupported.

Everything else is unknown or unsupported.

As far as I know my laptop still has the hardware it came with when we brought it. Is it worth updating the driver, if so can someone tell me what to do because I know almost nothing, or should I wait for my new laptop to turn up and try again then.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The same problem for me, I\'ve got the same graphic card and the same drivers, please help us !!! =\'(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yep, same graphics card and same problem. I\'ve looked everywhere and it all says it\'s up-to-date.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have the same problem, I REALLY want to play this game but I cannot, on either of my 2 computers D:

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    The game does say intel graphics cards suffer problems. I haven\'t tried playing the game using my intel graphics card, but it works fine with an NVIDIA GTX610, which costs about $90. You could try manually downloading intel\'s drivers instead of using their driver update site. The update site doesn\'t always find the correct drivers for your machine. Also, make sure you\'re using 64-bit Java, you have OpenAL installed, and you have a version of LWJGL (found in the game\'s folder) that is compatible with your system. I hope you can fix the issue one way or another!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I have a few pc\'s and two of them are intel, one has a custom driver like yours, but the manufacture dosen\'t have an update. i download and tryed to install the updated driver anyway, and it will not let you.

Fix= Get a new pc and Screw intel, they have compatibility problems with a ton of games. best card i recomend it any radeon card, they all run great and i have never heard of any compatability problems with any games.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That\'s funny because I have a Radeon card, driver is up to date and I suffer the exact same problem that you all are having. I\'ve looked up the problem and everyone is saying it is the Intel cards, but that doesn\'t make sense because I have Radeon yet the game crashes when it loads to 100%.