[StarTrek] [Non-canon] uss-barracuda - Completed

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Over the last couple of weeks, I have been rebuilding the USS-BARRACUDA made by blibbob and jerrahcallaghen in minecraft into starmade. Now, with their permission, I am glad to show the progress so far.

The ship was nearly ready for release, but I have already put her through a refit to improve the layout of the AMC array's.

Stats

blocks - 390640

length - 288

height - 98

width - 153

power - 5,262,521(2805792e/sec)

thrust - 160645

shields - 1240862(27549 s/sec) blocks: 60321; recovery: 4.0

http://star-made.org/node/14222

Credits

blibbob and jerahcallaghan - original designers

--Conner-- - introduced me to the linear array weapons concept

shred1894 - helping with the weapons systems

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Well my server i am building this on has been reset. so work on this has been rolled back to a backup. which sucks. therefore, nothing new to post. :\'(

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I have begun gutting the barracuda again, but this time, due to the \"shotgun\" weapons nerf, I am going to focus on design more than fire power. I have no new pics today

I have also created a shuttlecraft that will be docked inside ready. That is available for download right now.

http://star-made.org/node/13760

therimmer96

Reaction score
    after taking a short break from this to work on the admin station and PVP maps on my server, I decided it was time to do some actual interior work on this. so I started on the engineering section. as the ship features 4 warp nacelles, It made sense to me that it needed a twin warp core setup. This is engineering so far -

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I am now nearing completion of this, and already realising it needs to be refit. But I will atleast finish it before gutting and starting again. I have added a med bay, all corridors are in, the hangar is complete, and i have added a temporary bridge that will probably be redesigned before I release it.

The ship already has its \"quirks\", which is why it needs to be refit. I noticed something I originally dismissed from my head thinking it was a bug with the game, but it isnt. The shuttles were starting to randomly take damage, inside a sealed hangar. But this isn\'t a bug. Part of the hangar is located infront of the weapons, meaning that any shuttles and/or crew members in the hangar are getting shot. I didnt notice this until I entered a battle with someone, when I accidently overloaded one shuttle and killed a friend trying to get to it. oops.

Deadlis

Le Chateau Autiste
    Reaction score
    You should paint it white because the default starmade gray is too dark ;D

therimmer96

Reaction score
    I do have a white version, but it is an unfinished version.

Reaction score
    just one question will this ship pass a combat test agenst ships of the same size since it has only 600k shild a huge trust and only around 2mil power so the trust will eat lot of the power so tha tu cant move a lot in combat or u wont be abelt o fire a few strogn guns while u move, i know that making interieurs eat away a lot of room for shilds ( thats why i dont have a lot of it outside my station)

my main poitn is isnt it just smart to dump X amount of trust to place more shilds

therimmer96

Reaction score
    Oh, I have forgotten the download and to change the specs list! This is done now.

blocks - 390640

length - 288

height - 98

width - 153

power - 5,262,521(2805792e/sec)

thrust - 160645

shields - 1240862(27549 s/sec) blocks: 60321; recovery: 4.0

http://star-made.org/node/14222

Reaction score
    good to see that shild are dubbled by now i stillt hignt hat trust is a bit of a overkill for how big the ship is since a 390640 block wil have a mass around 39064, and will probly be hard to fit in even more shilds ? since 25% of the shild recahrge is not a lot small fighters can still take it down, i know i may be lookign at teh combat possibilities a bit to much

therimmer96

Reaction score
    This was never built to be the best in combat, just powerful enough to stand its own, and look awesome whilst doing it

therimmer96

Reaction score
    despite I know this needs to be refit desperatly, It has been put to the side as I know have a number of ships under way that I want done, some of which are just hull conversions from 3d models, as I am waaay to lazy to build a hull that is nearly 1k long. I probably wont release all of these, as the faction I am in will be using them, and we obviously dont want to be blown out of the sky by our own ships. Here is a list of what I have underway:

• sovereign class (enterprise-E)
    • Oddessy class (enterprise-F) (star trek online)
    • Legacy class (startrek online)
    • Federation class in the JJverse style

Planned:

• A non-canon idea someone gave me
    • USS-Newton
    • USS-Armstrong
    • Universe Class (enterprise-J)
    • maybe a USS-Kelvin