Starting Items

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is there some secret way of clearing out all of that starter shit in my inventory that I am not aware of? It takes up a lot of space, and I REALLY hate having it there.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Uh... the trash can? What exactly do you mean by "starter shit", anyhow? Most of the non-block stuff is pretty important, seeing as how there's no way to get another laser pistol/power supply gun/healing beam/marker beam/helmet without admin commands or stealing them from another player.

Reaction score
    Someone, I forget who, once suggested using the suits built-in factory tabs as pockets. It works quite well for storing these seldom used, but occasionally necessary tools. But if you really don't want them just toss them into space. Or if you're feeling creative build a ship of warheads with storage and a clocked push pulse and give them a viking funeral.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    If your wanting that viking funeral i have just the thing!
    seriously though its better to just store them away then to get rid of them

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    power supply beam allows you to survive from getting stranded on a planet without a core or power reactor (or just in space far from stuff) and marker beam allows making of warp gates, so I wouldn't destroy those. But yeah, put the rest in a box.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    You can buy them from the shop, for grossly inflated prices.
    You can only buy the Beam Rifle and the Rocket Launcher from Advanced Shopkeeps, last time I checked.

I think you can buy the boarding stuff from the shopkeep as well, though. Not sure about that.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    The first time I found an abandoned station it had two of those little laser spewing spiders in it, would have been scared shitless if I didn't have my trusty space pistol. (Sadly I never found anymore of them)

I suggest you keep them, they do have uses.

Reaction score
    They were taken out when the new stations came in I believe (I imagine the spawning and pathfinding mechanics on user generated objects wasn't worked out fully, but that's pure conjecture on my part), but we're getting procedurally generated aliens relatively soon.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    They were taken out when the new stations came in I believe (I imagine the spawning and pathfinding mechanics on user generated objects wasn't worked out fully, but that's pure conjecture on my part), but we're getting procedurally generated aliens relatively soon.
    Nah, the pathfinding wasn't the issue. They just forgot to place spawn locations in the new stations. If you find one of the old style stations (they still generate), they'll have spiders crawling around them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Nah, the pathfinding wasn't the issue. They just forgot to place spawn locations in the new stations. If you find one of the old style stations (they still generate), they'll have spiders crawling around them.
    Awesome, going to go hunting now and see if I can set up a "Zoo" so to speak.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Someone, I forget who, once suggested using the suits built-in factory tabs as pockets. It works quite well for storing these seldom used, but occasionally necessary tools. But if you really don't want them just toss them into space. Or if you're feeling creative build a ship of warheads with storage and a clocked push pulse and give them a viking funeral.

I had tried to remove them by dumping them in space, deleting them and selling them, all to no avail. It is driving me nuts. @_@
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435008571,1435008514][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The first time I found an abandoned station it had two of those little laser spewing spiders in it, would have been scared shitless if I didn't have my trusty space pistol. (Sadly I never found anymore of them)

I suggest you keep them, they do have uses.

On my creative server (My building server) they serve no practical use at all. I don't need them.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435008645][/DOUBLEPOST]
    If your wanting that viking funeral i have just the thing!
    seriously though its better to just store them away then to get rid of them

On a multiplayer server, you would be correct. On my personal building server, it's maddening.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I really don't see how its much of an issue on a creative sever to spawn a storage block and send them away into the void.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I had tried to remove them by dumping them in space, deleting them and selling them, all to no avail. It is driving me nuts. @_@
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435008571,1435008514][/DOUBLEPOST]

On my creative server (My building server) they serve no practical use at all. I don't need them.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1435008645][/DOUBLEPOST]

On a multiplayer server, you would be correct. On my personal building server, it's maddening.
    Why don't you just put it in the trash? That will delete it from existence.