Starship Troopers Rodger Young

Reaction score
    Hey everyone,

Here are some screenshots of my rendition of the Rodger Young. I'm about 75% done so I'll post the sment file in a couple weeks when its complete. I dont believe in "just the hull" ships so this baby is (will be) fully loaded. Its primarily a troop transport, and even though its technically a corvette, in Starmade world i guess its a dreadnaught or some big class. I borrowed a couple ideas from some of the other amazing builds out there, primarily Heldtech's MRI machine in sickbay and their mess hall serving concept and latrines (so thanks). It's still a WIP, but I think its coming along splendidly. A focus of mine is to provide adequate facilities for the Troopers, flight Squadron, and ship crew to the best extent possible. The other concept is to keep it realistic, not the smooth clean futuristic look of Star Trek, rather the rugged look of Star Wars. No stats yet other than dimensions (447L,96H,115W) until its done. The size according to the creators is 550m, so this is a bit short, but whatever.

Features so far: Bridge, CIC, about 50 offices, 2 conference rooms, 4 Hangars (1 for 18 dropships, 2 for TAC fighters, and 1 for escape pods), 2 maintenance hangars, 14 Trooper Bays (96 beds per bay for over 1300 bunks), crew quaters, officer quarters, senior officer quarters, 8 latrines/showers, 3 mess halls, sickbay, Pilot ready room, 2 reactor control rooms, comms control rooms (in the conning tower), about 10 elevators, 2 tramways (unless you want to walk, then there's a labrynth of walkways), pilot briefing room, 3 air traffic control stations, 1 auditorium, armory, Trooper ready-room, engineering decks, 5 rec rooms, even a tennis court, swimming pool, and "gentlemen's" lounge, because that many Troopers need to unwind!

Still need to include: barber shop, weapons storage area, water purification tanks, waste collection tanks, environmental control facilities, and some science labs. Any ideas are welcome.

http://lilchub17.imgur.com/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I really like it so far, Starship Troopers was a pretty awesome book and I love this recreation. Just wondering, where did you find a description of what the Rodger Young looked like?

Reaction score
    Probably from the movie.

https://www.google.com/search?q=star+ship+troopers+Rodger+Young&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vSlmUrDEF4iwjAKMgYGIBw&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1264&bih=907#es_sm=93&espv=210&q=starship+troopers+Rodger+Young&spell=1&tbm=isch