Bug Starmade Wont start

Reaction score
    Hello, I'd like to ask if anyone could help me with a problem I've run into. Earlier today, I was playing Starmade. I stopped playing for a few hours and came back to try and play and the game wont even bring up the starter screen where you can update the game from. On steam it just says preparing to launch Starmade then doesn't launch and with the Starmade Starter from the website it refuses to launch. I tried restarting my computer to see if that would fix the issue but it did nothing for me. I've also tried running in administrator mode and verifying the integrity of the game cache. If you could help me out with this problem, it would be much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Go into your steamlibary folder on your pc. Steam doesn't need to run for this. Open the Starmade folder and run StarMade-starter.exe

SteamLibary - SteamApps - common - Starmade - StarMade-starter.exe

Reaction score
    Unfortunately, that did not work. It seems to want to start but it shuts down before the first window for the starter even comes up on the screen.

Reaction score
    I'm actually surprised that worked. I installed the newest version like two days ago as well. I just installed it again and it launched instantly. Thanks for the help.