StarMade Wiki

Reaction score
    The wiki now has more than 60 articles already right now and counting, all organised into categories with quite a few images and infoboxes. The articles range from all blocks to in-depth tutorials about the game.

In comparison to other existing wikis I believe that this wiki has far more strict measures against spambots and also offers a more beautiful UI, as well as improved structure for the articles.

The link to the wiki is http://www.starmadewiki.com , so if you took a look at it, that would be much appreciated.

I am also looking for Admins who would be willing to help moderate content. If you're interested, please follow visit the contact us page.

Anyone is welcome to sign up for a wiki account and start editing or adding content!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'ve been doing some work on file formats and I wanted to document them. I didn\'t see an obvious place in the wiki. Do you have an idea of where you would like to see these? I\'ve got data to document on the .ent file format. The ship formats are proving trickier.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thats not a bad wiki.

I did contribute to the wiki linked from starmade\'s homepage, but that is a spam achieve...

While two other wikis I have split my time between. I will check out yours as I do like the layout.

Lix

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I just made a big post about how SD HCT xm3.4 Power blocks work. I\'d like to put some of my info on the wiki but I\'ve never edited a wiki before. What is the procedure for getting editing privileges?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Thats a good question.

I have been using that gen pattern you posted for the last few days and I agree its easily the best for power gen boost.

I really should upload a screenshot of my most recent cloaking ship. The gens just look nuts.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    Spamprotection is being added and all unneccesary pages are being removed which should vastly improve its performance.

That said, why did you think we need yet another wiki instead of improving the existing ones (since we already have about eight seperate wiki\'s out there atm...)?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Out of which wiki would you recommend. Most of the Starmade wikis are either outdated on info, lacking content, and users while the one linked on the main page is full of spam and for some reason I seem to be unable to start new pages to fill some of the huge gaps in the information.

ImperialDonut

Overlord of the North Pole
    Reaction score
    I\'m saying that it would be a lot more usefull to add to or improve existing wiki\'s rather than creating yet another new wiki and just copying over content...

The (semi-official) Rtag wiki has had some problems recently and is undergoing maintenance to fix these.

Especially since the official wiki will be ovehauled in the near future to be the central most usable wiki, it might not be that usefull to keep setting up new third party ones.

Reaction score
    You can create a new page at http://www.starmadewiki.com/wiki/File_format and add the appropriate information.

Make sure you have registered an account and confirmed your e-mail first though.

Reaction score
    You can edit the wiki easily by creating an account at http://www.starmadewiki.com/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=File+format&type=signup

You then simply need to confirm your email account by clicking the link sent to the email you provided in the registration form and you can then start editing. A new edit button will appear at the top navigation menu bar.

Reaction score
    I\'ve messaged Schema about the wiki and he said that the \"official\" wiki on star-made.org will be replaced by a third party wiki.

starmadewiki.com just has a better domain name, than rtag.me for example. Navigation on starmadewiki.com is also easy, with an overview of all the items in the game on every single page.

Right now, the rtag.me wiki also has been down for more than a few hours.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yea, I gotta agree with Mastergalen here. http://www.starmadewiki.com just looks far better UI and the content on the wiki is all up to date.

It\'s also not a spamfest, nor has it been down for \"maintenance\" for more than a few hours...