StarMade Video Series

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Hey everybody,

I just wanted to make a quick post to see what everyone's favorite StarMade videos were. Is it a series of videos? Is it a single video you'd like to be a series? Or maybe there's something you haven't seen out there that you would love to watch. Discuss. =)

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Video Genius
    well,there are no true starmade lets plays ..with deep story behind,and with a goal :P

Reactions: theamon

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    My top three favorite types of StarMade videos:
    1. How-to (my top favorite is the initial weapon-master-slave video released on the 0.15 release news that showed the different weapon combinations)
    2. Ship reviews. It's a lot of fun to see different creations, and get tips on good design and what is needed (E.g. Need light blocks EVERYWHERE!)
    3. Wanted: How-to compilation and summary: I haven't really seen this yet, but it would be an interesting way to consolidate up-to-the-minute How-to videos, so you know what is current, with links to related, full how-to's. Maybe include quick notes on what doesn't work anymore, or what gameplay elements have been replaced. The StarFeed podcast (I think it's up to episode 3 or 4 now) comes close.

Reactions: SkylordLuke

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    I've got a few favourites for different reasons,

@Vanhelzing https://www.youtube.com/user/CrisstheNightbringer Has a cool series showing the rebuilding of EVE ships. Always nice to see epic ships being built. Especially nice to see a theme you can follow and watch unfold (i never even played eve).

@tenk11kamikaza (skylord luke) also builds epic ships, as does @Raiben . Who doesn't like epic ships?

@OdraNoel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJK8n_xztOELzGL0aMGMwg is currently doing a hardcore crafting only series. Really interesting to see a player work up from the humble beginnings. I know some other devs watch this too, useful stuff.

It's quite interesting to see things that have an over arching theme or end goal. @Bench and his Smugglers Cove station for example.

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    I personally like your honest ship reviews the most. Watching you get lost and pass right beside the core is pretty funny :P

It's also how I've discovered most of the best ships ever built, allowing to study their construction.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I enjoy Ship Reviews, mostly. I'm constantly looking for new ideas and inspiration, and seeing it from someone else's perspective is incredibly refreshing.

--Ender

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    Lol, wish that the view count showed that people liked ship reviews more, but I think I'll be getting back into ship reviews soon, had to take a short break from youtube with everything going on IRL. On that subject though, the how to series, what would people want to see in a series like that, cause I've started a series like that, but never got any suggestions/what people want to see..

Reaction score
    Heh, you really want to start the video series don't you ^^ good luck.

Mered4

Space Triangle Builder
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Lol, wish that the view count showed that people liked ship reviews more, but I think I'll be getting back into ship reviews soon, had to take a short break from youtube with everything going on IRL. On that subject though, the how to series, what would people want to see in a series like that, cause I've started a series like that, but never got any suggestions/what people want to see..
    Really? I thought ship reviews were the most popular thing next to new content announcements.

Not just lineup reviews, though - actual ship reviews, with only 2-4 ships per video, with a relatively in-depth look into their design.

Reaction score
    I would really like to see a ships power / regen being built with stats and design being shown. Also how much shield recharge / shield should be installed

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    On that subject though, the how to series, what would people want to see in a series like that, cause I've started a series like that, but never got any suggestions/what people want to see..
    In addition to seeing how things are done right, I'd appreciate seeing how to fix builds that have gone wrong, so that you only have to replace part of the construct, instead of tearing it all down and building it back up from scratch. This would help with not only fixing simple constructs, but also merging different constructs into new, more complex combinations.
    Example: "We want the light to blink for one second and stay off for one second. Here we see that the logic circuit is causing the light to turn on for half a second, and remain off for a second and a half. What happened? Well, if we replace this block here with this block X, add an Y block between these, and add an addition Y block that we link to the original Z block here, we see that it works fine and with better functionality. Here's why and how...."
    In addition to logic, this kind of "reconstructive surgery" info would also be useful for docking, power, and weapon systems.

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    well,there are no true starmade lets plays ..with deep story behind,and with a goal :p
    Why don't you make a series with a story behind it :p?
    Well there was a series that @Dalmont, @Raiben and I started, but our schedules are so hectic it's hard to find a regular time that works to record. We should get back on that guys. =P Apparently the people want it. haha

@OdraNoel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVJK8n_xztOELzGL0aMGMwg is currently doing a hardcore crafting only series. Really interesting to see a player work up from the humble beginnings. I know some other devs watch this too, useful stuff.
    This actually gave me a pretty neat idea, I wasn't able to watch the video, because I'm at work (don't worry it's break time =P) but just from describing it...I think I've got something that people will like. =)

Really? I thought ship reviews were the most popular thing next to new content announcements.
    Not just lineup reviews, though - actual ship reviews, with only 2-4 ships per video, with a relatively in-depth look into their design.
    Yeah I'm fairly sure he meant his lineup reviews. There are reasons I don't really do, or at least record, lineup reviews, one is so I don't pull my hair out from having 15+ ships to do, then edit. haha But @Raiben 's a champ! As is Tom, though I don't think he does them much any more.

In addition to seeing how things are done right, I'd appreciate seeing how to fix builds that have gone wrong, so that you only have to replace part of the construct, instead of tearing it all down and building it back up from scratch
    So basically a StarMade Mechanic series? lol Either that or a Pimp My Ship series, which I've heard @aceface has done something like that. Though if @Dalmont ever started a channel......

Thanks for the feedback guys! Loving what's been posted so far.

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    So basically a StarMade Mechanic series? lol Either that or a Pimp My Ship series, which I've heard @aceface has done something like that.
    Yes, Aceface has a pimp-my-ship thing going on. Yes, a StarMade Mechanic series. Bob Vila for ships.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This
    this
    and this
    are videos i watched more than once even though they are mine

Reactions: jayman38

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Yes, Aceface has a pimp-my-ship thing going on. Yes, a StarMade Mechanic series. Bob Vila for ships.
    lol, "Hello Space Vila here for an episode of This Old Ship..."

are videos i watched more than once even though they are mine
    Well at least you like your stuff. =P I'll check these out when I'm home from work tonight.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius

They can be, but cinimatics are higher, as well as random other videos, that being said, I only do one ship at a time, per video and try to devote a good 10-15 minutes to it (assuming it can be done, some cannot).

In addition to seeing how things are done right, I'd appreciate seeing how to fix builds that have gone wrong, so that you only have to replace part of the construct, instead of tearing it all down and building it back up from scratch. This would help with not only fixing simple constructs, but also merging different constructs into new, more complex combinations.
    Example: "We want the light to blink for one second and stay off for one second. Here we see that the logic circuit is causing the light to turn on for half a second, and remain off for a second and a half. What happened? Well, if we replace this block here with this block X, add an Y block between these, and add an addition Y block that we link to the original Z block here, we see that it works fine and with better functionality. Here's why and how...."
    In addition to logic, this kind of "reconstructive surgery" info would also be useful for docking, power, and weapon systems.
    Hmm, so you are talking more for systems then? Admittedly I tend to have decent stats on my ships, but I definitely spend more time on the aesthetic, so just trying to clarify.

jayman38

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Hmm, so you are talking more for systems then? Admittedly I tend to have decent stats on my ships, but I definitely spend more time on the aesthetic, so just trying to clarify.
    Correct. I generally don't have a problem with the appearance and other aesthetic issues. (I kinda like my ships to have a rough look anyway.) I still struggle with systems.

Criss

Social Media Director
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Video Genius
    Game update videos. Even though I read stuff here, if I miss tominos livestream then I would like to see it posted in video format. Ship reviews are cool.

The games though. When you guys do those games where teams vie for control of a ship or flag, those are awesome. I do wish they were a little less hectic. In the future maybe we can get more tactic oriented fights instead of straight up brawls. But seriously... I heard you were preparing a planetary assault type of game and I would watch that.