StarMade v0.19498 Slabs & New Blocks

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8

[DOUBLEPOST=1448315027,1448314751][/DOUBLEPOST]Actually. I like the idea of coming across "lost" Pilots whom the loneliness of space and exposure to cosmic rays/strange substances has turned into raging psychotic killers. A bit like the Reavers in Firefly (except without the strangely implausible ability to keep star ships running and generally get along fine with each other).
    I like that! :)

I wish I could watch Firefly from the alternate reality(s) where it wasn't cancelled. I'm sure the Reavers would have been explored a lot more and we would have discovered that under their rough, savage like exteriors, they're just really nice guys who just want to be your bestie.

Reaction score
    Man, I'm barely finding time to keep me updated on all the new stuff. This game is going places man! Good job!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Can confirm, Slab staircases need some work. Looks really good, much better than ramps in many cases (imo), but need some love from the devs :(

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I think it'd be cool to have creatures that exist as sort of a cloud drifting in space that can attach to your hull and leech energy or hp like barnacles.

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    What work, exactly?
    I assume he is using increasing/decreasing sized slabs in order to create a staircase. It's a great method if you want a slow incline. Of course the game isn't built for walking up short ledges so I believe you can't actually walk up it.

Reactions: Blodge
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I assume he is using increasing/decreasing sized slabs in order to create a staircase. It's a great method if you want a slow incline. Of course the game isn't built for walking up short ledges so I believe you can't actually walk up it.
    You can (sort of) walk up slab staircases at the moment. However it's a bit hit and miss; it needs to be in 1/4 increments, and even then you can't walk up the staircase smoothly. You get stuck on edges more often then you actually walk up them.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    You can (sort of) walk up slab staircases at the moment. However it's a bit hit and miss; it needs to be in 1/4 increments, and even then you can't walk up the staircase smoothly. You get stuck on edges more often then you actually walk up them.
    I've gotten stuck on the edges of perfectly flat floors before so that doesn't surprise me at all.

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hmmmm, this isn't even all the possibilities.

I would think that they would focus on the angled surface, so you can marry this up with a slab wall. This is what I'm hoping, so I can push out the windows in my cockpits.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1449009454,1449009284][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I think it'd be cool to have creatures that exist as sort of a cloud drifting in space that can attach to your hull and leech energy or hp like barnacles.
    Nebula that does this and other things like eat away your hull would be a cool too!
    Or how about a creature that eats your blocks and poops out a type of crystal or ore in place of your blocks or on your hull somewhere. :)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I have a question.
    It will be in the near future possible to move 2 opposite slabs to one block space via rail system, like it is possible with 2 opposite wedges?

here is one example what i have in mind:

Reaction score
    :( Update servers are slow as hell :( 0.01 kB/sec.
    Tried yesterday and today :(

Previos update was the same...max. rates 1-2 kB/sec.

Maybe it would be an good idea to install an mirror?