Starmade speedbuild: #5 Bolt shuttle part 2

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I've started new Youtube speedbuild series. The first ship I built is the Typhoon heavy fighter.
    Video:
    Download: http://starmadedock.net/content/adimo-typhoon-speedbuild-1.1873/

Last edited:

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Needs a short intro, but a great start for sure
    Thanks. I should definitely make an intro, just need some good ideas. I don't want it to simply be my own name flashing on the screen for 30 seconds with dubstep playing if you know what I'm saying :p

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    Cool stuff. I'd recommend adding some sort of spotlight, because it's really hard to see what you're building in that dark area.

I do like this though.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Cool stuff. I'd recommend adding some sort of spotlight, because it's really hard to see what you're building in that dark area.

I do like this though.
    Thanks. About the lighting problem, I'll try to make a much lighter hangar, or even try to make it more Star Trek style. If that's still too dark, I might try out editing the footage after filming.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Cool video! I've always struggled with making smaller ships looking interesting and still be relatively effective - you gave me some good ideas for both :)

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Cool video! I've always struggled with making smaller ships looking interesting and still be relatively effective - you gave me some good ideas for both :)
    I'm very happy it helped!

Thalanor

CEO Snataris Colonial Fleetyards
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    StarMade needs more StarCitizen!

Great job on detailing on a very small scale. I tend to upscale heavily when there's as much detail as on the mustang.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    StarMade needs more StarCitizen!

Great job on detailing on a very small scale. I tend to upscale heavily when there's as much detail as on the mustang.
    Thank you very much, I'm planning to build the Hornets and Gladius next, though I'm not sure whether that'll be speedbuilds or not.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I can't wait to see the next one!

Now, I'm curious, are you only doing fighter-sized, or are you planning to go bigger (Like, corvettes maybe?)

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Thanks. I should definitely make an intro, just need some good ideas. I don't want it to simply be my own name flashing on the screen for 30 seconds with dubstep playing if you know what I'm saying :p
    Short and sweet, 10 seconds or less. =) I've been planning on doing one of my own as well, but never get around to it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421173456,1421173417][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you very much, I'm planning to build the Hornets and Gladius next, though I'm not sure whether that'll be speedbuilds or not.
    Also, it's a good thing I changed my ship name from gladius to spartan =P haha

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I can't wait to see the next one!

Now, I'm curious, are you only doing fighter-sized, or are you planning to go bigger (Like, corvettes maybe?)
    I will do bigger ships eventually. Just need some ideas and time.
    Short and sweet, 10 seconds or less. =) I've been planning on doing one of my own as well, but never get around to it.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1421173456,1421173417][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Also, it's a good thing I changed my ship name from gladius to spartan =P haha
    I think I'll do a short montage of my builds with some music on for the intro.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I will do bigger ships eventually. Just need some ideas and time.
    I have a small ship that I made once, but seeing as I dont really have a... good touch with design... it would be cool to see someone make a better version off it.

If you ever decide to do requests, shoot me a PM and I can give you reference pictures and/or my blueprint. :P

Reaction score
    ive found if you turn up the lighting raytrace steps to 128 everything is MUCHHH brighter... i had one of my hangars well lit an turned that setting up, when i logged in the hangar was glowing so bright i had to remove a few lights

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    ive found if you turn up the lighting raytrace steps to 128 everything is MUCHHH brighter... i had one of my hangars well lit an turned that setting up, when i logged in the hangar was glowing so bright i had to remove a few lights
    Pretty sure I have it on 128, but I'll check it again.

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    New speedbuild is now edited and will hopefully be up in a few hours or tommorow.