StarMade Singleplayer needs to be more crash-proof

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Due to recent faults with my processor, my computer constantly freezes and I have to force a restart on it. Every single time my singleplayer save becomes corrupted causing me to lose everything that I have worked on that I didn't specifically save as a blueprint.

This is freaking annoying - it basically makes AutoSave feature completely redundant for me since the save file corrupts anyway, even if it has just autosaved.

It would be nice if the game treated auto-save files as backups, keeping the most recent one AND the one before the most recent save in the save files, allowing me to reconstruct/reload the working save and continue on playing. I have just lost an entire ship because I didn't manage to save it in time. As much as I am able to restore it relatively easily, it's more the fact that due to my faulty hardware, I keep going round in circles. Every time I think I fixed it, it freezes again..and again... and again. So I need a backup or else I won't be making any decent progress on anything anytime soon...

Just a thought, since the game backs itself up on every update, why not do the same with save files?

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    That\'s a good idea, and I\'ll pass it on to a couple of server hosts and see what they have to say about it.

Also, sending in detailed crash reports using the crashandbugreport.jar tool whenever you experience a crash is a must.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Though I was mostly just frustrated at my PC that I had been wasting so much time on resetting everything and giving myself the same set of items to finish the build then losing my progress, I kind of forgot about crash reports. Then again, I could only send them in AFTER I tried to enter a corrupted save :S

Anyway, I have managed to complete my ship since ^^