Starmade Shipwrights Alliance [SSA]

~1st SSA Contest~

• AKS Tribunus: http://starmadedock.net/content/aks-tribunus-exploration-cruiser.1777/ (MrTargareyan)

Votes: 8 66.7%
    • Alequai Issin: http://starmadedock.net/content/alequai-issin.1809/ (Argocontar)

Votes: 5 41.7%
    • Tortoise Cargo Ship: http://starmadedock.net/content/ldct-al-tortoise-cargo-ship.1812/ (Nauvran))

Votes: 2 16.7%
    • Striker Cargo Transport: http://starmadedock.net/content/striker-cargo-transport.1628/ (EMC007))

• Dream Runner: http://i.imgur.com/7MDOMM6.jpg (Mered4)

Votes: 3 25.0%
    • Gagarin Landing Ship: http://i.imgur.com/rmfJjjY.jpg (Jaaskinal)

• IST Venus http://starmadedock.net/content/ist-venus-ea.1836/ (AAlexandrosTGreat)

Votes: 6 50.0%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    So what exactly brings a membership? i mean anyone could just post their ships in this thread so do people even watch it still?
    Applications seem to be just; Hi my name is ___ and I like building like ___. I know I still watch it, since quite a few major builders are supposedly here :p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    So what exactly brings a membership? i mean anyone could just post their ships in this thread so do people even watch it still?
    You get to wear the fancy signature and be one of the coolboys. so... not much :/.
    And I was just referring to what Zeno said about the thread, but that's just me. :^)

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    ok so hi name is drakkart, and i have no frickin clue what i might build next could be anything, right now i am sticking to some rough design guidelines to build an entire fleet kinda looking related... What i really like is the fusion of stats, logics, and aesthetics. It does not always have to look pretty sometimes looking/being cheap is just as it should be, so if i could smear dirt over my ships that would be awesome...
    So i also like the looks of stuff being used or the interior being lived in something clinical tidy does not appeal to me really. sadly it is hard to create that feel within starmade. I just imagine if i would be that little fellow i steer what would i find cool and that is what inspires me most.
    A cockpit in which the view is not obscured by the cockpit with an awesome seat in it and some piratey looks -> the nightmare. i just build what ever my idea is. Yeah i am not into replicas, i take the inspiration but that's it, i got my own ideas.

Reactions: MossyStone48
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    Since we're all having a share:

I usually play with my proverbial cards close to my chest, only coming out when something is completed, but given the scope of my current labor, I think I can all show you some pictograms.

Dreadnought foundry, located on the bottom segment of the rear third of the ship.

Secondary Bridge Crew quarters

Docking bays.

Engineering Control

The rear third in question, the rest is not complete.

The inside end of the docking bays. Rather unfinished as yet.

Quite a nice overview of the engine bits.

It's being built mostly for looks, when I get to the front we'll see what kind of guns I can lever on.

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I personally find those interiors look really bad. They're plain and kinda blocky. -especially- engineering control. Instead of grates and light cubes hanging from them you could have used light rods, which would have looked way less chunky.

Just givin' tips y'know

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold

A progress image of my still very unfinished station. I'm making this with legitimately acquired blocks on Ewlyn Eternity, the survival part is quite fun!

Oh, and on a minor note, it's 1.5km tall.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    I personally find those interiors look really bad. They're plain and kinda blocky. -especially- engineering control. Instead of grates and light cubes hanging from them you could have used light rods, which would have looked way less chunky.

Just givin' tips y'know
    When that was built light rods could not be turned off and instead bathed all that they looked upon in scaling ultra-bright light. since then I've worked out that paint pots actually work nicely, I may change it in future.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    When that was built light rods could not be turned off and instead bathed all that they looked upon in scaling ultra-bright light. since then I've worked out that paint pots actually work nicely, I may change it in future.
    -a wild orphaniel alt appears-

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    I figured it was obvious enough that I need not correct who that was. Yes, it's my original account from way way way before.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Thinking Positive
    I figured it was obvious enough that I need not correct who that was. Yes, it's my original account from way way way before.
    Well yes, I know. Others don't, ya dummy.

Also, AAlexandrosTGreat Try a bit more blocky and industrial style perhaps? Draw inspiration from current day harbors, cargo ships, etc.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2

A progress image of my still very unfinished station. I'm making this with legitimately acquired blocks on Ewlyn Eternity, the survival part is quite fun!

Oh, and on a minor note, it's 1.5km tall.
    O_O that looks great! what are the co-ords? Would love to check it out real-size

CyberTao

鬼佬
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I cant build "square" ships. They all just end up being heavily curved. i'll mess around and see what i can do.
    Why not try looking at Paranid ships from X3? Those are kinda curvy (if I got the race right), or try making a Kha'ak cluster. Kha'ak would make a great pirate set methinks, or player ship with drones.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Why not try looking at Paranid ships from X3? Those are kinda curvy (if I got the race right), or try making a Kha'ak cluster. Kha'ak would make a great pirate set methinks, or player ship with drones.
    I LOVE the ships in X3 but to make the ships look right it would be a ton of work

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    O_O that looks great! what are the co-ords? Would love to check it out real-size
    The coords are currently classified as it doesn't have homebase protection yet. I'll let you know once it does.

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    Is this still going? And is it still possible to join?

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Here's my best ship: the Skyborn class.

I designed it to be a workhorse of a warship. It's fairly easy to tune it to individual needs by filling its engineering bay with systems you need more of. Shielding is a common choice. Future versions will use a slightly higher balance of shields to make expansions other than shielding more useful and make the ship more flexible all around. Turrets will also be redesigned after the docking/turret update. There will probably be fewer, larger turrets so they don't get blown off so easily (my only problem with the ship as of now). I designed the interior to feel extensive without compromising the ship's performance. Overall, it adds a lot less mass and bulk than most interiors do.

The ship uses the official color scheme of Spearhead Industries of the Ragnarok Galaxy server.

It's nicely showcased and available to download here. Enjoy!
    http://starmadedock.net/content/skyborn-class-light-cruiser.1903/

For those who play on Ragnarok Galaxy, these are for sale in game. The blueprints have a 10m credit royalty. Finished ship price has yet to be determined.

Reactions: Rumcajz

Mariux

Kittenator
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Boron. Nuff said.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1423648596,1423648417][/DOUBLEPOST]

Reactions: CyberTao