Starmade ship simple classification. Name and type.

Reaction score
    What are your thoughts?

I appreciate the level and detail that some have done on other pages but most are still hard to use while playing.

As SciFi has never had and never will have standard class types and I wish to communicate that if you keep it simple (this is often over looked) this is generally the best way to construct class types, if its important to you and makes sence.

Most people wouldn't understand what a frigate, destroyer, fighter etc means but all would understand what a warship is. Its a bit like how some governments have complicated taxes and its hard to understand unless your an accountant but if you have simplified tax, then everyone understands.

Here is my two bob.

CLASS NAME

Call it anything I.E. people, objects or anything. I call my ships after dead dogs. (Edit) this is your ship name on screen in game.

CLASS TYPE

Craft, Miner, Trade, Warship, Carrier, Show pony (artwork), General Purpose (does everything) or Flagship.

No Frigates, destroyers or battleship just warship. If it shoots weapons, it's a warship.

And if you need size you could just call it small, big or massive. (Edit) based on how you see it. If it looks big then it's big.

Keep it simple, people will understand it and its easy to communicate to others as you can ID it while at the helm.

Reaction score
    No it\'s more like a \"smal\" \"warship\". I have seen your page on this matter but I use sight its based on how you . see it. On screen your ship name shows. Easy ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Ship classifications are really there for convience or getting a point accross, there more for showing off. So calling a 2 mass fighter and a 600 mass dreadnaught the same thing, warship, is not really what people are generally looking for when they label their ship. They want people to know how big their space balls are just by telling you it\'s class in chat.