StarMade Ship Converter

Reaction score
    I do doubt that the creators of StarMade will make something like this however, after building quite a few big ships by hand, i have felt a need for a converter that is capable of turning either .obj or .schematic files into ship save files.

I realise this could not convert say a Minecraft Dirt block into a power tank or somthing but just to be able to convert a ship built in Shetchup to a Grey Hull frame would be amazing. (See BinVox for simulary program)

I have little to no coding skill so i have no idea how dificult this could be but im sure many would be thankful for a program that could do this (simular to BinVox or MCEdit)

Reaction score
    I\'d also love to see this, Maybe a Gui in it for you to say

Dirt to grey hulls

Stone to power generators

Etc.

Minecraft has a lot more building tools (WorldEdit and Voxelbox) that allow you to do much more then the current building system (which is still pretty awesome since this is alpha)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hah, the converter sounds like overkill, but I\'ll be damned if I never wanted to fly on of the ships I modelled in the past

Reaction score
    this would be really amazing because almost all the famouse spaceships are done in minecraft.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A guy is currently working on something like this. Here is the progress so farhttp://star-made.org/