Bug StarMade server closes, exe continues running upon launch

Reaction score
    So a few hours ago I was playing on my local server, with one friend, and then suddenly I bluescreened (happens on my PC frequently with no fix). Anyway, when I restarted my PC, the StarMade server wouldn't stay open. It opens, "minimizes" and then all I can do is close it in task manager. The rest of the launcher works fine. I just can't launch servers.

Yes I have tried using the task manager and have reset my PC twice, not sure what else to do here but reinstal StarMade in another folder, or something.

Reaction score
    Depends. Since you probably have unsaved stuff there that you don't want to lose, we can try to fix this.
    Could you please attach a server log? It would be nice in any case, because this kind of behavior really should not happen.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm having the same problem, it happened when my laptop died and I wasn't able to close the game. here's my log and here's a pic of the error message

Couldn't find the javaw.exe in task manager and restarting didn't help

Attachments

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Figured I would stop by here again and state that the only way I have found to fix this is to freshly install the game, and you can't rescue any unsaved ships from the server that died. My power went out today and this same issue happened again. It seems that the galaxy file gets corrupted if my server suddenly shuts down due to my PC crashing in some way. The server thing where I see people's names as they join opens, seems to minimize, and then is only counted as a process yet it does not work. I have to close it with task manager.

I tried several different fixes I came up with, like restoring a backup I made after the server died, (last one is too old to care), digging around for the currently loaded ship's file but unfortunately that doesn't work either... Well, new galaxy here I come. At least the blueprint folder exists.