Starmade refuses to launch

Reaction score
    Here is the situation:
    Coming back after a long pause from the game I decided to start playing it again.

So I downloaded the newest Launcher (v9) and then downloaded the game.
    When it was done I noticed the first oddity: My News section is completely blank, even tho I checked and it is not being blocked by anything. Then I tried launching the game, but after clicking on "Start Game" the Launcher closes itself and the Options-window that should appear, never does. I don't get any error messages or anything.
    The launcher recognizes my game version (v.0.1421; build 20140404_194643 it says) and I already tried reinstalling StarMade and also did a "Predictable State of the Game" thingy by putting it in a folder directly on my harddrive (C:\STARMADE\). I went looking for a solution and found the System Checker tool, so I did a test and it said that both my video card is up to date and sufficient, but also my java, even tho it is 32bit (because I only have a 32bit Windows 7) is enough to run the game fine, as I could do some time before while I was playing this game already.
    Starmade System Checker Report
    22:10:05,20

RESULTS:
    Windows version: Windows 7 32-bit ....PASS
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 4850e (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Graphics Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series ....PASS
    Java version: 32-bit Java 7 ....PASS

So I did a manual reinstall of StarMade by downloading the latest build from the website and extracting it into a directory next to my Starmade Launcher, which i also redownloaded. Sadly, to no avail. Even trying to run the launcher as admin didn't solve the issue. I checked the java site for a new update and found nothing, but still tried wiping my java and reinstalling it; nothing changed.

Since the game doesn't give me any error message I don't even have a log-file to share.
    I am really desperately looking for a solution :(

EDIT// ADDITIONAL INFO

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Ok, nevermind I fixed it.

The problem was that I still had the .StarMade folder in Appdata from my previous (very old) versions. Deleting the .StarMade folder fixed it.