StarMade Ranking - The New Server List

Reaction score
    There is a new server list! http://starmade-ranking.com/

I know the first question you're probably going to ask is... "Why another server list?"

Well there are several reasons why we decided to build a new server list:

• Vote fraud in other websites
    • People that didn’t play on the server being allowed to vote
    • Servers with money superseding servers that don't want to pay for the rank. (Premium Slots)

The main ranking list cares only about average players! This is plenty of information to get a pretty good ranking since the servers people enjoy the most will have a higher average population. Servers are polled every 2 minutes for an accurate picture of its population.

We offer a voting system and a page sorting servers by votes. The top 2 voted servers at the time will be pulled into a special group (Think Premium Servers on other sites) above the other lists. This vote system has a serious vote fraud detection system built in! (We will be watching)

We also have Tags for servers, and comments. We will be adding status banners, search page, and statistics over the coming week.

All servers must abide by a simple set of rules aimed at maintaining a fair and fun experience for everyone. For more information go to http://starmade-ranking.com/About/Rules

We also offer a public API with more features than other websites.

Current API Capabilities

• Real-time StarMade server status
    • Server statistics including Average Players, Uptime Percentage, and Version
    • Voters list with total votes for every person as well as total anonymous votes
    • API Responds with either XML or JSON based on what you ask for

For more info go to http://starmade-ranking.com/Api/Help If you need additional help contact us!

More API Capabilities to come!

If you have questions/suggestions feel free to contact us at [email protected]

Reaction score
    I\'m glad you want to do something about the vote fraud, but the two points that come afterwards are kinda the same thing:

• People that didn’t play on the server being allowed to vote
    • Voting by people that don\'t play on the StarMade server

Or am I mistaking?

EDIT: got a few more things to say

1.) Maximum votes per day? Why? Or does this only apply on the server-listing\'s creation date?

2.) The website is pretty slow, if you want to become another main serverlist, improving speed will make sure people like to surf around on it.

3.) I like the global style, but the server status page looks ugly and directly copied over from starmade-servers.com right now, I assume it is work in progress. Thing that bothers me most are all the colored (rounded) rectangular boxes everywhere, it\'s just too much.

That\'s all, I hope this list won\'t die like the other earlier attempts!

Reaction score
    A couple of those points are very similar but I would elaborate on it this way. What I mean by Vote fraud is literal fake votes (Example:The same person changing his/her ip and voting again in the same day). Now the last 2 where the same thing but have been corrected. The website cleared my first post and I was running out of time to redo it.

On the maximum votes per day. It is set up similarly to how starmade-servers is where it restricts the number of votes bases on the average players. That may be adjusted over time (Or removed all-together since there are other detection systems in place!) The maximum votes per day of a server will go up quickly after it\'s set up but may be kind of low when it\'s created.

The website and database backend get generally faster the more they\'re used as they warm up the caches. So it\'s normally pretty responsive the way it\'s set up but the more people use it the faster it gets within reason.

It is very much a work in progress. (I\'m not a website designer, im a developer! If anyone wants to overhaul to look contact me! I\'m building this alongside some other big tools that will be released in the future!

Reaction score
    Cool, thanks for your reply, I have faith in this list :)

For the looks, just simply remove the colored boxes everywhere and restrict to the most important information only (such as version number), and make tags have a single color too, preferably grey or blue.

Also, the buttons that show when you view a server\'s status could be made more square and metal-ish regarding looks, to fit the rest of the page, but that\'s really all so far.

Reaction score
    After the site went up I was contacted about it by the group responsible for rebuilding the star-made website and had since kind of put everything on hold while we where figuring things out. At this point I am now attempting to go after growing this site and will start back on finishing some of it\'s missing features and refining the look of the site! I\'m hoping to work with the ones behind the star-made.org website but we will see what happens!

Reaction score
    It\'s a shame that such a promising and perfect solution for server listing is already dead.