Starmade Player model

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I really like these models! It\'d be awesome to see them ingame.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Please make this a mod... I like the current plans for the new player model, but I think it would be fun to have this, as it\'s more of a chibi art style, and maybe having the option to chose between this or the regular one when you start!!! It\'s kinda\' a big job to make the code, but if you decide to do that, you have my 1% coding knowledge in completely unrelated languages. Not very helpful, but I would like to see both these and the others in the game... Maybe schema could add a sorta\' pick a species thing and this could be an alien species, and the other one could be humanz!!!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Just a little note, it has been nagging in the back of my mind scince I heard about starmade... The current model, and the future one, which is very good by the way... Is goign to create a sort of, Humans are the last thing in the universe feel. If NPC\'s aren\'t human, you still get this feeling that civilized space is only humans. Many people aren\'t going to want to texture something not human on this human model, and the ones that do, aren\'t really going to feel like a different species... I\'m not sure if you will get what I mean, but basically what I\'m saying is that this could represent a different species, with it\'s own back story and stuff. Then when people textured them like humans, because of the contrast it would make people assume that you aren\'t from the same species... Just an idea to create a sort of contrast between people on multiplayer. I wish I could explain it better in writing, but I\'m tired from a very stressful week, and I am failing miserably. Anyhum, this model is absolutely fabulous, and I\'m awful at installing modz, so I would love to see this in the actual game... Yeah... Xeno, keep up the good work!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Omni, Schema, Xeno, and anyone els out there should listen to this person right here!!! Having multiple options for player models would be beautiful. If you had a massive server they could represent different species, or on singleplayer it could just be general preference... Like having four \"species\" of model to chose from would be really cool...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    First off: These are designed to be textured by the user, just like it is now... But moving forward, the unique style of this would put Star Made in the lead among games like it! Right now, many, many, space sandbox games are being produced, and although I don\'t feel that they are competitors (I feel they each offer something new and exciting, while having the same base concept) I know many people will see them as competitors. This would give starmade something unique in the world of these, and interesting art style.

Reaction score
    Are you profficient at 3d modeling? And if so would you be willing to work on another project?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I think it would be good to have more anime.

• Don\'t like somebody\'s avatar in the forum? You can\'t ban him because of that!

I like it, but I like head, body and legs to be scale-able. Like: 20%, 40%, 40% or 30-40-30. Let the player choose.

Dynamic models would make alien-generation easier too.

Dunno how difficult it could be...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey, just wondering, have you gotten this into the game yet?

Reaction score
    i am noticeing ALOT of people are put off by the texture on the model. keep in mind this is just a skin and can be changed to absolutly anything you want (that encludes the weapons), i just made this one to show off one style the model could take on. its still just a box under that skin

Reaction score
    This reminds me of the skinning they did for the sprites in Megaman Legends for the PS1. xD

I can\'t say I don\'t like the model, tis a good one, but I\'m not sure it would match the blocky style that the game calls for.

NullForceOmega

The Ancient
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Wow, just wow. I love the style so very much, and I have no complaints about the Anime girl skin either. I would love to have the option to use this player model (or a male one in this style). The additional weapons and thrusters are also excellent as simple low-poly models that would be easy to skin. I emphatically endorse this model to the Dev team. Great job Xeno.

Reaction score
    I fully support this model. A little on the Chbi side, but meh, not a biggie.

Reaction score
    Oh hey, it\'s this thread again, haha. :)

At the moment, getting a fully functional player model ingame requires me to be involved. I believe it would be theoretically possible to get a model ingame without my help, but it would only be able to have a fraction of the animations the model actually uses, giving a lot of T-pose awkwardness. (Like the old model floating around when on a planet.)

Because of this, I contacted Xeno a while back and I have these models for the purpose of making a mod that would replace the default player model with these. :) (Because they\'re just so awesome looking.) The only thing that has held me back is time and other work; It\'d take a little time to get everything set up to get them ingame and I simply haven\'t had the time.

I do still intend to get these guys/models ingame as an optional mod, though. :) Probably won\'t work well with the hitbox, not to mention will have issues with player skins. (Skins for this and skins for Dave won\'t be compatible. I can\'t change that without removing the ability on these models to skin the guns, either.) That being said, might be tons of fun singleplayer, or on small multiplayer servers where everyone is using skins designed to work with this model. ^___^

In the future, I hope to make modders able to completely replace the player model if they like. (Not to mention go wild with the creatures. Who knows what bizarre things might be the result of that....) I\'ve been looking into ways to remove myself from the equation (so to speak), just have had much higher priority tasks occupying my time. I\'m an avid modder myself and hope to support modding in StarMade as much as possible. We\'re still in alpha, though, so modding support isn\'t top priority right now.