Starmade Machinima - looking for some neat ships

Reaction score
    For the past month or so I've been working on and off on a Starmade machinima. Some of you might remember a machinima I did a while ago; people seemed to like it so I'm making another one. I've not gotten very far in so far - not beyond a few concept compositions - so I've decided that I'd like to start again, making this a community thing. People like community things.

The working title is 'Strike Craft'. It'll be a short (~2 minutes) film following a small fighter going against the odds. I'm not looking for many ships, but I'll list what I need below.

-A large, dreadnaught-like ship. Plenty of detail needs to be visible, even when in the dark. An assortment of turrets would be nice for varied flashy-flashy goodness.

-A fighter or an interceptor of some sort. A small ship, basically. Should look quick and maneuverable.

-An assortment of frigate / corvette / cruisers - medium sized ships that I can smash up.

Give me as many as you like. There are no colour or style guidelines or anything like that (though it'd be best if green is avoided), I'll just end up picking something that I think fits. Those that make it in will be credited, of course. I won't be taking credit for ship blueprints or anything like that, and I won't be reposting them because that'd be dick.

There's no guarantee that I'll even finish this as it is extremely time consuming and I have other things so do, but I thought it'd be a nice community collaboration, of sorts.

Post a screenshot with your blueprint, either on this thread or as a PM. Are PMs a thing? Probably.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Ooh, I'll see if I can finish up my Tempest for this. It even carries a couple of corvettes, as well as some fighter and bomber craft, and is built to be a good mix of anti-ship and anti-craft.

Reactions: BeefBacon
    Reaction score
    Well damn if you can pull off a gif like that from Starmade then I'm excited to see how this pans out

Starmade does need more professional videos out there...

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Very awesome gif, I wish my movie making skills were as good as yours,

I do not know if any of my ships are usable for this kind of cinematic.
    But I will post them for you anyway.

My command ship isnt dreadnought in weapons but its a 290 meters tall vessel with some glow in the dark detail.

For a corvette the best I have is this old thing, its not as detailed but its a nice little thing in the proximate length of 100 meters.

and at the end I have this turret that doesnt really fit in with what you want but it looks really nice so I guess you could have it as some background detail or something like that, if you want that of course.

I hope some of these three things are usable.
    and good luck with the project!

Reaction score
    Wow, some awesome submissions here.

Weapons and such really don't matter, but cool-looking turrets are always a plus.

If I see something that I like but it isn't the right colour then I might maybe use the block replace tool to change things up a bit - but I'll ask permission first. Wouldn't be fair to take someone's creation and then change it without them knowing.

But hey, keep it up. Seriously some very nice submissions here. If you have something that you have even a mere inkling that I might like then go for it. Nothing to lose, after all. Remember that I'm only looking for neat-looking ships - that it can melt a planet with one missile isn't important.

Well damn if you can pull off a gif like that from Starmade then I'm excited to see how this pans out
    Very awesome gif, I wish my movie making skills were as good as yours

Thanks. I do video editing professionally. Finding work can be tough, though, so I like to fill in free time with personal projects. I get to do something creative, hone my skills and provide content for people to enjoy all at the same time. What's not to like?

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    my line up is open to you. http://starmadedock.net/content/authors/crimson-artist.289117/

i make a ton of cool ships, here are some examples
    My Inferno Frigate
    http://starmadedock.net/content/frigate-inferno.338/updates

The Amaterasu Corvette
    http://starmadedock.net/content/corvette-amaterasu.496/update?update=1819

The Agni Fighter
    http://starmadedock.net/content/fighter-agni.404/update?update=1669

The Hephaestus Freighter
    http://starmadedock.net/content/freighter-hephaestus.1255/update?update=1666

Cant for get the Pele Frigate
    http://starmadedock.net/content/frigate-pele.215/update?update=1942

Ive also started making videos for my ships. i even made a cool trailer for the pele here

I only started about a week or two ago and I'm extremely proud of the progress I've made. id really like to improve my video editing skills to hopefully do it professionally too, like you. i would love to see the finished product of your video

Reaction score

Very nice. I like the addition of the sound effects. Wish Starmade really sounded like that. I sometimes go into the audio files and change the sound of the AMCs to change things up a bit.

If you have a 360 controller try using that for your pans. Using a mouse can make movement very uneven, so a controller might help to smooth it out a bit and make the camerawork look even better.

Thanks again, everyone. I'm going to have a hard time picking out my favourites. Keep 'em coming.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    Very nice. I like the addition of the sound effects. Wish Starmade really sounded like that. I sometimes go into the audio files and change the sound of the AMCs to change things up a bit.

If you have a 360 controller try using that for your pans. Using a mouse can make movement very uneven, so a controller might help to smooth it out a bit and make the camerawork look even better.

Thanks again, everyone. I'm going to have a hard time picking out my favourites. Keep 'em coming.
    hmm i never thought about using a controller. cool. thx for the advise!

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Indeed controllers will always be better in that regard.

Reaction score
    Any more for any more?

If there are no more submissions then I'll get to having a look at some of these ships, and then I can get to recording and editing.

Top 4ce

Force or Ace?
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    I need to get that ship uploaded. It needs a bit of a refit, and I can't get to it today. I should have it done and up tomorrow.

Reaction score
    I need to get that ship uploaded. It needs a bit of a refit, and I can't get to it today. I should have it done and up tomorrow.
    No worries. There's no deadline, as such. Just depends on when I feel like recording so there's no rush.

Reactions: Top 4ce
    Reaction score
    Right, I'm going to start getting through these. If there happens to be any last minute entries I may or may not get round to them, but thanks to everyone who has submitted their ships.

Reactions: Nauvran
    Reaction score
    This sounds cool :D

I don't make many ships. Wish I could help you out. Suppose I could help in the art department but it looks like you have that thoroughly covered haha.

Reaction score
    • Master Builder Gold
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    Excited to see what comes of this.

Seems I may have missed the boat, but if you still need a corvette (shes got LOTS of turrets):

As for fighters, if you still need any PM me and we can arrange something. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Purchased!
    Here are a few of my ships that I would imagine to be "camera ready." I don't know of any official size class listings, so you can assign them whatever roles you like. On the small server I play on, the Trident would be considered a cruiser, the Wayfarer is a corvette, and the Starhawk is hard to list as anything other than a fighter. The two larger ships have well-appointed interiors that will provide detail to any close-up shots that include windows.

The Trident (missile cruiser) (209 m long, 15,650 mass)

The Wayfarer (69 m long, 1015 mass)

Starhawk fighter (w/ wing-tip missile racks.) (20 m long, 66.5 mass)

Sorry for the small pics, but I don't have an upload site of my own at present.