Starmade Lore NPCs and Players

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    So I was thinking about this new expansion into RP, and NPC's then I thought about Greek mythology.
    players = gods
    NPC's = mortals

we as Players can't really die (undeathinators), and the more NPC's following us the stronger we get. It would explain why players don't need air, or need to eat.
    NPC's can die, and their sole purpose of existence is to service us. Muhahaha

So anybody have any good story ideas about how we can incorporate the Gods and Mortals theme into the game. It would probably make for some good Story Line Missions in the future as well.

Thoughts ?

Reactions: Magrim
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    We come from a race of highly intelligent shape shifting beings that change our appearance to suit the civilization we are enslaving.

The trade guild is actually made up of brainwashed people that do our bidding. While the pirate faction is actually the last of the resistance to our tyranny.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Could just be that players can use undeathinators because they are the elites of the Fronteer, and the lowly Daves are the plebs that must live mortal lives. I could see players paying a fee to bring a dead npc back to life, but they couldn't do it on their own. It'd be a shame to lose an npc you put a lot of work into leveling just to lose him outright due to a space whale attack, so for a modest fee you could have him respawning at an undeathinator with a small penalty of sorts, like a resurrection sickness that lowers his stats for a short while?

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    I like the cost aspect of bringing NPC's, should be similar to the cost of establishing a station, or maybe even higher :) or maybe you as the player have to give up some of your life force to bring him back. and you as the Player get the resurrection sickness.

Cool thought :)

Reaction score
    Sounds a lot like the Goa'uld with the undeathinator being the sarcophagus. I could see this working. Of course we would want to customize the lore to something fresh and new.

alterintel

Reaction score
    • Likeable
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This was the first thing I thought of to, but I couldn't remember the name of the star gate alien race. And I didn't want to influence the creative juices.
    Great minds think alike. :)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    I think this falls squarely in the category of server lore, not Starmade lore, and hope it stays that way.

I (and many others) don't play Starmade for the PvE, I don't need - or want - a specific storyline forced onto my play. It's already discouraging enough that so many servers are super PvE-oriented and want to pretend they are playing Space-WoW even though the game doesn't actually even support quests. Forcing me into some kind of absurd and unnecessary pseudo-narrative as well does not appeal. It would probably make a good basis for a server though. Consider investing in one - I imagine more than a couple Starmade RP/PvE players *would* be into the idea.

Reaction score
    I think this falls squarely in the category of server lore, not Starmade lore, and hope it stays that way.

I (and many others) don't play Starmade for the PvE, I don't need - or want - a specific storyline forced onto my play. It's already discouraging enough that so many servers are super PvE-oriented and want to pretend they are playing Space-WoW even though the game doesn't actually even support quests. Forcing me into some kind of absurd and unnecessary pseudo-narrative as well does not appeal. It would probably make a good basis for a server though. Consider investing in one - I imagine more than a couple Starmade RP/PvE players *would* be into the idea.
    What he is suggesting isn't a storyline or anything... it's just some simple background. and I personally like the concept.

Reactions: alterintel