StarMade Launcher open sourced

Discussion in 'Web/Community News' started by DukeofRealms, Apr 1, 2019.

1. DukeofRealms

DukeofRealms Count Duku

Hey guys,

We've released our launcher under the MIT license, feel free to modify it in whatever way you please, just remember to keep the copyright and license intact :) If you want to make a pull request to fix or add functionality, shoot us a message.

If you're not using our launcher for StarMade purposes, please make sure to remove all StarMade assets before distributing it.

Github repo is here: Schine/StarMade-Launcher

Thank you to NZSmartieNZSmartie for reminding us of our plans to release it under an open source license.

- The Schine Team

• Like Like x 12
    2. DuckyQuacks

Awesome! Custom UI background incoming!

:)

• Like Like x 1
    3. Serene-Switch

Is it strange that I still use the old simpler launcher form five years ago?

• Like Like x 1
    4. Zero_Sen

nahh, because I still use it as well. Its simple, it works and I am use to it.

• Like Like x 3
    5. EricBlank

I do too. Its easier to have multiple copies/versions of the game then because i can just copy it to a new folder and install another copy of the game there. If the new launcher allows that, i have yet to find out how.

6. Captain Skwidz

Captain Skwidz turtleStew

Unfortunately I have to use multiple copies of the launcher for extra installs. Would be great if someone mods in support for that

• Like Like x 1
    7. NZSmartie

For anyone interested. I've forked the launcher and updated it to support NodeJS v10 LTS and updated to Electron v1.0.0. This is to help build electron in modern development environments.

Support NodeJS LTS v10.15.3 and Electron v1.0.0 by NZSmartie · Pull Request #2 · Schine/StarMade-Launcher

I'll continue to update the launcher to support latest stable packages and hopefully make it easier for others to develop with.

My end goal is to support launching the game with a custom mod loader (in my case Frabric's loader). With a secondary goal of supporting multiple versions being installed at the same time.

• Like Like x 8
    8. StormWing0

StormWing0 Leads the Storm

Wonder how many versions of the launcher there's going to be by next update? :)