StarMade Join Stats

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I've cobbled together some scripts which some server owners might find useful.

It's web based graphing showing simple player join statistics over time - most interesting is probably the new players vs returning players aspect. Ever wanted to know how many people who joined your server in a month - and how many of those had never joined before? Well - now you can!

I've put this up on GitHub with some instructions - the instructions are for a Debian 7 system, but should work for almost any flavour of linux.

Git: https://github.com/mikesheen/StarMadeJoinStats
    Live example: https://www.sheen.id.au/starmadejoinstats/

On my live server, it was interesting to see the impact the steam release had, and then the drop in numbers for the Christmas / New Years week, then a resurgence on January 2. When you look at the live example, a tooltip appears when you hover the mouse over a point on the graph showing the exact date and the number of players associated with that date.

Sample image:
    sampleimage.png

Last edited:

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Neat. To bad you make it sound as if it only works on Linux :(

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Neat. To bad you make it sound as if it only works on Linux
    The instructions provided assume a Linux OS, but it should be relatively easy to adapt it for other operating systems. I assumed most server owners use linux and so my initial commit was aimed at that demographic. It is a public repository - so feel free to add instructions for your chosen OS, or recruit others to do so.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    The recent Steam weekly humble bundle including StarMade seems to have caused a spike in new players :)

We (Mikeland StarMade) haven't seen that many new players in one day since January 22, 2015 - which was shortly after the initial Steam release. The highest number of new players we saw in one day was 62 on Dec 16, 2014 - right after the initial release of StarMade on Steam.

If you were using StarMadeJoinStats on your own server, you'd be able to see this useful information, too!

I'd love to see some stats from other servers!

EDIT - 15 August we saw 54 never before seen players in one day! Where does this thing stop? :)

starmadehumblebundle.png

starmadehumblebundle15Aug.png

Last edited: