StarMade.jar options, bind to IP address

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Is there an option to tell StarMade.jar which IP address(es) to bind to? I see you can set the port by using "-port:some-number" but I was wondering if there was a way to set a specific IP addresses (one IPv4 and IPv6 to be specific).

Since this server is being used for more than just games, I'd like to have a different IP address for starmade rather than share one with the mail and non-starmade related web sites.

Thanks!

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Is there an option to tell StarMade.jar which IP address(es) to bind to? I see you can set the port by using "-port:some-number" but I was wondering if there was a way to set a specific IP addresses (one IPv4 and IPv6 to be specific).

Since this server is being used for more than just games, I'd like to have a different IP address for starmade rather than share one with the mail and non-starmade related web sites.

Thanks!
    Yes, in the server.cfg, to my knowledge.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Modder
    • Top Forum Contributor
    set your port under C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\.StarMade

Open settings.properties with notepad or similar and change "port = 4242" to whatever you desire. As for custom IP's/addresses, I believe you need to do that through your router and domain provider to point to [your ip]:[starmade port]

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    set your port under C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\.StarMade

Open settings.properties with notepad or similar and change "port = 4242" to whatever you desire. As for custom IP's/addresses, I believe you need to do that through your router and domain provider to point to [your ip]:[starmade port]
    Yeah... see, this is where things get interesting: I am basically my own service provider. I'm one hop from a major metropolitan hub, and with a small configuration change, I can drive 1000mbits of traffic through the server... well there are other ways around this. It's going on the standby node of a cluster anyway, so it's not likely to be an issue. I figured the standby node could do something constructive besides just replicating data :p.

Real servers don't have a C drive, they have a /dev/sda1.

Last edited: